Episode 13: Off to Round 2

LET'S CATCH YOU UP TO SPEED...

"Yo. I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog. A student at UA, on my journey toward becoming a hero. Last time, I was up against Silver, a kid from 1-B. He was pretty strong, I'll admit, but he was no match for the Blue Blur! I moved on, so let's see how my buddy Kirishima does in his fight. "

After a few moments of Mental preparation, Mina steps out onto the battlefield.

Present Mic: AND WE BACK WITH YET ANOTHER EXCITING BOUT! OUR FIRST FIGHTER FROM CLASS 1-A... WITH A COOL EDGE, HE'S SURE TO MAKE YOUR BRAIN FREEZE WHEN YOU SEE HIM! WE HAVE SHOTO TODOROKI!

The audience cheers for Todoroki.

Present Mic: AND HIS OPPONENT ALSO FROM CLASS 1-A! WITH AN EVER CHEERFUL AURA AND A UNIQUE QUIRK TO BOOT! WE HAVE THE ROSY RASCAL MINA ASHIDO!

The audience cheers for Mina, who although has more confidence after her talk with Sonic still looks a bit uneasy.

Mina: Ok Mina... remember... just do the best you can. Whether I win or lose... I'll give it my all.

Hagakure: Guys, I'm worried.

Jiro: Mina's strong in her own right, but still...

Kirishima: Yeah, with that dual quirk of his, Todoroki's powerful alright. This is gonna be a tough one.

Kaminari: Sonic, you okay? You look tense.

Sonic: Yeah... I'm fine... Mina's tough. She's not going down without a fight...

Present Mic: FIGHTERS READY?!... CLASH!

Todoroki immediately makes the first move. He steps on the ground causing a trail of ice crystals to appear from the ground.

Todoroki: Sorry, but I'm going to have to end this quickly.

Mina: Don't be so sure!

Mina manages to dodge out of the way and retaliates by shooting acid toward Todoroki, who blocks the attack with an ice wall.

Deku: She's gonna have a hard time getting close.

Hagakure: C'mon Mina...

Mina then begins skating toward Todoroki, using her acid to glide on the ground. She keeps firing acid at him and he keeps blocking with icy walls. Todoroki then retaliates with another ice trail. Mina however manages to jump over it and land on the trail, using it like a ramp and burning through the ice.

Deku: She used the ice against him!

Hagakure: Yeah! You go Mina!

Mina reaches the end of the trail and keeps skating, circling around Todoroki, leaving an acid trail on the ground. As he tries to make more ice walls, he realizes that they begin melting rapidly due to the acid on the ground.

Kaminari: She's making it so he can't make any more walls! Nice one!

Sonic: Keep going Mina!

Todoroki: That was a pretty smart move. I hope it wasn't the only trick you packed though.

Mina begins charging toward Todoroki at full speed and jumps at him to tackle him.

Todoroki then outstretches his hand and uses his ice to freeze Mina solid in the air.

Hagakure: Oh no!

Yaoyorozu: No way! He completely immobilized her!

Kirishima: Gah! That was a cheap shot! Not manly at all!

Sonic:...

Todoroki: I'm sorry for the cheap move, but I won't let anything stand in my way. I hope you can forgive me.