Chapter 39: The Aftermath!

"Aadyaaa" Arjun shouted following her. She walked out quickly ignoring him and got into the cab, leaving the place.

Arjun reached outside and found her gone. He took his car keys from the valet and kept trying her phone continuously but she wasn't lifting his call. Aadya looked at her phone with a fresh set of tears forming in her eyes.

She lifted his call after a moment, "I am on the way home, thanks for this amazing date" she said with a sarcasm laced in his voice and cut the call before he could reply.

He slammed his car door with a loud thud, releasing his frustration.

Aadya reached her home. She wiped her tears and went inside casually not to worry her family. She inquired whether her dad took her medicines or not and retired to her room saying she has some headache.

She changed her clothes and went to the bathroom to freshen up. Putting her hair into a messy bun, she splashed the water on her face. She then got into her bed and shut her eyes leaning on the headboard. There was dead silence in the room.

Her stomach churns recollecting everything. She doesn't know why she is feeling this way. He isn't anything for her, then why it hurts her to see him with someone else.

Tears roll out on her cheeks while she sits there like a statue contemplating her feelings.

Aadya suddenly realized what this feeling was that she had been having all this time.

She loves him.

Yes, she loves Arjun Raichand!

What a pity! To whom is she going to say that now. Everything was over between them, even before it started. He made her dumb with his love and crumbled her. She cried her heart out snuggling into the pillow, thinking of her fate.

"How could fate be so cruel to me," she thought whimpering. Slowly, her eyes flutter close after some time and she went into a deep slumber.

Sunlight beamed through the window, falling on her face disturbing her sleep making her fully awake. Getting out of the bed, she yawns lazily and walks to the bathroom. She looks into the mirror and froze at her look.

Her hair looks like a nest and her eyes were all red and puffy due to crying. Finishing her morning routine, she dressed up and rushed to the college bidding bye to her dad and Sid.

Aadya noticed Arjun waiting for her in the parking lot. Her mood soured seeing him standing in front of her. Arjun cleared his throat to make her aware of his presence but Aadya ignored it and walked past him with absolutely no emotion on her face.

He caught her wrist preventing her from walking further.

"Aadya you have misunderstood the situation, please at least listen to me" pleaded Arjun.

She raised her one hand and stopped him from saying further. "I don't want to hear anything, please. I just need some space from everything. I hope you understand sir." she said stressing on the word, Sir.

She released her hand from his grip and walked like she was not affected by any of it. His eyes were still on Aadya until she vanished from his sight. He was utterly confused at her cool demeanor.

Arjun groaned in frustration and went to the department.

Aadya was busy talking to a patient in the ward and checking her reports in the file. Arjun was looking at her from his cabin the entire time. Aadya felt his eyes on her but she fought the urge to look at him. She was not her usual self today. Her eyes were void of any emotions.

"It breaks my heart to see you like this, minion. Please listen to me once" Arjun mumbled to himself looking at Aadya from his cabin.

Suddenly, there was a commotion outside as one of the patient's family got violent and hit a second-year postgraduate student and was destroying the ward throwing the things everywhere as his father had an accident and couldn't survive even after admitting to the hospital. Arjun rushed outside soon.

Aadya went in between to stop him from hitting others, but he pushed Aadya to a side making her stumble on a glass piece present on the table. She winced in pain and her arm was bleeding profusely.

Arjun strode towards the intruder with an angry face and punched him on his jaw. Arjun was blazing with anger looking at Aadya's bleeding arm. He caught the guy with his collar and was about to hit him again but Aadya caught his arm and pleaded with her eyes.

He softened a bit and pulled him out of the department and handed over him to the security and informed them to hand him to the police. He spoke to the commissioner on call and lodged a complaint against him for physically abusing the doctors on duty and also for the damages done.

"Are you alright?" Arjun looked at Aadya and asked with concern written all over his face. Aadya shook her head as yes. Dr.Kabir was already being treated by another doctor in the other ward so he asked Aadya to follow him to his cabin. Having no other way, she followed him.

He started doing her first-aid by himself. "Ouch" she winced in pain when he dabbed the antiseptic.

"Is it paining too much?" he asked worriedly.

Aadya didn't give any response and turned her head to the other side. He continued with his work taking extra care, and surprisingly, Aadya also didn't complain this time.

Once it is done, she got up from the place and left without even looking at him.

"Why do I have this unsettling feeling inside me? Is he really worried about me? Why do I feel that he is also hurt seeing me in pain? Am I again trying to fall into this pit?" Aadya had so many questions running in her mind but she didn't want to find the answers.

She was scared it might hurt her.

She was scared she will break again.