Chapter 34: Out of Danger!

The doctor came out and announced that Aadya's dad was out of danger and was shifted to the private room so they can meet him after some time.

Aadya sighed in relief hearing it. She could finally breathe now.

"I told you right, he will be fine," said Prithviraj patting her head.

"Pops it's already late. You and Dad please go home. I will be here with Aadya in case she needs anything" said Arjun.

"Thank you so much. You all have been supportive all the time but please go home and rest. I can manage here" Aadya looked at them thankfully.

"You are like a family dear. It's our responsibility so please don't thank us. Even your brother Sidhaarth isn't here so it will be hard for you to manage all alone. Arjun will stay with you, and no more discussions on that." said Vikram in an authoritative tone.

"Yes, Aadya beta. Vikram is right." Prithviraj sided with his son.

Left with no other way to convince them, Aadya nodded in agreement.

Prithviraj and Vikram retired to the house after promising to return in the morning while Arjun went to complete the remaining formalities.

Finishing them, he got back to the private room where Aadya's dad was shifted. He saw Aadya sitting beside his bed and holding his hand crying. Arjun's heart clenched with pain seeing her in this condition.

He walked to her and put his hand around her shoulder trying to comfort her. She leaned back her head on his torso crying while Arjun caressed her hair. There was dead silence in the room. No one spoke anything further.

Tired with all the crying, Aadya's eyes flutter close, sleep invading her. Arjun wiped her tears and carried her to the couch.

"Everything will be fine soon" he whispered and place a subtle kiss on her forehead.

He then went over and sat on the chair near Pankaj's bed.

Aadya stirred in her sleep when the sunlight fell directly on her face. Rubbing her eyes, she looked at the clock on the wall. It was still early in the morning. Looking around, she found Arjun sleeping on the chair uncomfortably.

Aadya hadn't expressed it, but she was glad he stayed. She felt relieved that she didn't have to bear this all by herself. She felt relieved that she had someone to support her.

"Who would imagine him to be such a kind soul!" she thought noticing how innocent he looked while sleeping.

Aadya was lost in admiring his features when Arjun moved in sleep.

"Oh god! Why was I staring at him?" Aadya mentally facepalmed herself.

She slowly patted on his arm and called out, "Arjun"

Being a light sleeper, Arjun woke up immediately.

"It's morning. Please go home. You must have been very tired,"

"No problem. I am fine. I'll freshen up and bring coffee." he said and got up.

Arjun brought two coffees while Aadya freshened up. Both sat on the couch, sipping the coffee.

"You can take a leave for few days. Don't worry about it, I will handle it."

"Thank you so much, Arjun. For everything" Aadya spoke.

When he was about to reply she heard the door flung open revealing her brother Siddharth. He immediately rushed to Aadya and hugged her.

"I am sorry, I was late. How is Papa now?" he asked.

"Don't worry, Sid. See Papa is absolutely fine now. He will wake up in some time." Aadya consoled him.

Sid nodded wiping his tears and looked at Arjun curiously.

"He is Arjun, Vikram Uncle's son. He stayed with me last night as I was alone, and Arjun he is Siddharth, my brother" Aadya introduced them to each other.

"Of course, I know him di. I have seen him in the newspapers. The new chairman of RIMS."

"Nice meeting you sir." he forwarded his hand.

"Thank you so much for helping out my sister"

"Hi, Siddharth and please call me Arjun. I am not that old like your sister" said Arjun trying to cheer them up.

"Okay, Aadya. I will be leaving now. Please give me a call if you need something." he said getting up.

"Sure. Thank you." nodded Aadya.

Aadya's dad woke up later that afternoon and got lectured by Aadya for a whole hour on taking care of his health. Aadya was on leave to take care of him. Arjun and Aadya had been getting along well. He called her every day to enquire about her dad and visited them along with his dad or grandfather whenever he was free.

Aadya was kneading the dough in the kitchen when she heard the calling bell ring.

"Sid, go and see who is at the door" Aadya yelled from the kitchen.

Sid went to the door and saw Arjun and daadu waiting outside, from the security camera. He grinned and opened the door wide enough for them to enter.

"Hi daadu, Hi Arjun" greeted Siddharth. "Please come in."

"How is Pankaj?" asked Prithviraj.

"He is doing good and is sleeping now. Probably because of the medication daadu."

"That's great. He is recovering."

"Who is it, Sid? Why is it taking you so long?" asked Aadya coming from the kitchen with her dough-clad hands not aware of their presence.

She was in her baggy mickey mouse t-shirt and track pant, hair tied in a messy bun and little dough on her cheek.

"Cute," thought Arjun staring at her.

"Hi, daadu. Hi Arjun" Aadya smiled awkwardly embarrassed with her attire. "Cook was on leave today so was preparing dinner"

"You are telling as if you were preparing a seven-course meal." laughed Siddharth earning a glare from Aadya.

"Why don't you do then? You are a MasterChef, right?" she said sarcastically.

"Okay, kids. Calm down." Prithviraj interfered.

Arjun volunteered to help Aadya and joined her in the kitchen pulling Siddharth along with him while Prithviraj went to Pankaj's room to see him.

"Why did you have to drag me, bro? If I start learning now, this sweet sister of mine will dump all the work on me" whined Siddharth.

"You want to leave me all alone with this feisty sister of yours?" said Arjun faking hurt.

"I am glad we are on the same page" Sid fist-bumped with Arjun.

"I have heard you guys. If you don't want to be on my bad side, be useful" said Aadya narrowing her eyes in their direction.

Arjun and Siddharth immediately nodded and got to work.

Yayy! Aadya's dad is out of danger and our sweet Arjun is back! 🤗❤️

How many of you liked Sid?