Chapter 5

It's been three days since Father was 'saved' by Anakin and Master Kenobi. And, boy, had my father been busy since then. Anakin was permitted onto the Jedi Council at my father's request, but Anakin was furious when he wasn't given the rank of Master.

That night I had to listen to Anakin rant about how it was unfair. He was more of a spectator rather than a Council member, only allowed to speak my father's thoughts and not his own. Though it works in our favour for turning Anakin to the dark side, I cannot understand why the Council did this. Is he not the Chosen One and the most powerful Jedi in history?

This morning, Anakin has asked me to come to his quarters to discuss some urgent matters. I know that my father invited him to the theatre last night, so I'm going to assume that it has something to do with my father's manipulation. When I reach the appropriate door, I gently knock.

Anakin gently but quickly pulls me into the room and I can't help but laugh as he kisses me. "Hello to you to," I giggle.
"I was worried that something might happen to you on your way here," Anakin admits.
"What are you talking about?" I ask, becoming serious.
"Your father believes that the Jedi Council is planning on betraying him and taking control of the Republic," He explains, "And with the dreams I've been having, I'm afraid that they might use you to do it,"

"Wait, dreams?" I ask, backing up the conversation a bit, "You mean that there's been more?"
"Yes, and they are like ones I've had before," Anakin confesses, "Ones where I saw my mother suffering before she died. I believe that the Council might harm or even kill you to get to the Chancellor and take over,"

I sigh in annoyance. Even though I know that these beliefs are important for him to turn to the dark side, I don't like how protective they are making him. "Look, you have a Council meeting soon," I remind him, "How about after, you meet my father and I in his office? Then we can speak more on these matters,"

Reluctantly, Anakin nods in agreement. I walk out of the room and walk to my speeder. Father doesn't need to tell me that this is the day that we will truly turn Anakin to the dark side. When he turns, we can be together.

"Father!" I call out as I enter his office, "Anakin worries about my safety and believes that the Jedi Council will try to harm me," I explain as Father comes into view, "He will be here as soon as the current Council meeting is over,"
"It seems that it is time to reveal my true identity to him," He muses.
"And what of my own?" I question.

Father seems to think to himself for a moment, ironing out the last details of his plan. "It is likely that Anakin won't accept the dark side when I first tell him," He explains, "Therefore, you should keep your identity as a Sith a secret for now and act as if you knew nothing of my plans,"
"I understand, Father," I agree.

-

My face lights up when Anakin walks into the office about an hour later. He walks over to my father's work area where he is busy, but Father turns off the screens as he senses the Jedi's presence.

"Chancellor, we've just received a report from Master Kenobi. He has engaged General Grievous," Anakin reports.
"Let's hope Master Kenobi is up to the challenge," I say.
"I should be there with him," Anakin admits, looking to the ground in disappointment. I walk over to him and start rubbing his back in a way to try to comfort him.

"It's upsetting to me to see that the Council doesn't seem to fully appreciate your talents," Father confesses, "Don't you wonder why they won't make you a Master?"
"I wish I knew," Anakin answers, "More and more I get the feeling that I'm being excluded from the Council," I lean in to hug the Jedi and he in return wraps his arm around me in a side embrace.

"I know there are things about the Force that they're not telling me," Anakin continues.
"They don't trust you, Anakin," Father points out, "They see your future. They know your power will be too strong to control," Father leads Anakin to the part of the office that has couches for visitors.

I follow closely behind but move to stand by the door once we enter the room, observing the Sith and the Jedi as they walk about the room. "You must break through the fog of lies the Jedi have created around you," Father instructs, "Let me help you to know the subtleties of the Force,"
"How do you know the ways of the Force?" Anakin questions.
"My mentor taught me everything about the Force," The older man explains, "Even the nature of the dark side,"

This catches Anakin's attention, and he moves to stop my father from walking any further. "You know the dark side?" The Jedi cautiously asks, and I feign confusion for Anakin's sake.
"Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects," Father continues, "Not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the Force,"

Anakin looks towards me, wondering how much I know. I shrug my shoulders, essentially telling him that I have no idea what my father is talking about. Accepting my response, Anakin and Father start circling each other.

"Be careful of the Jedi, Anakin," Father warns, "Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to know the dark side of the Force. Use my knowledge, I beg you," Anakin grabs his lightsaber and ignites it.

I show my fear on my face as I take a single step towards the two men. "You're the Sith Lord," Anakin declares. Showing my fear, I glance to my father as if asking if it's the truth, but he has his back to me and doesn't see.

"I know what's been troubling you," Father continues, not worrying about the weapon, "Listen to me. Don't continue to be a pawn of the Jedi Council. Ever since I've known you, you've been searching for a life greater than that of an ordinary Jedi. A life of significance, of conscience,"

Father turns away from the lightsaber and I see Anakin's conflict as he slightly lowers the weapon before raising it again. "Are you going to kill me?" Father asks.
"I would certainly like to," Anakin responds.
"Anakin," I whimper, showing a range of emotions on my face as fake tears start falling from my eyes.

When Anakin sees me, he puts away his weapon so he can safely take me in his arms. "I'm going to turn you over to the Jedi Council," Anakin declares as he guides me over to the exit. "Of course. You should," Father agrees, "But you're not sure of their intentions, are you?"
"I will quickly discover the truth of all this," Anakin says confidently as we exit the office.

In Anakin's speeder, he tries to make sure that I'm alright. I breathe heavily and avoid eye contact, as if I am trying to process the information that my father has been a Sith Lord for my entire life. Soon enough, Anakin will know that I'm also a Sith and he will join us.

This is a very short story for me compared to other stories. This means that the story is ending soon. 4 more chapters over the next couple of days and we'll be finished.

I hope you're enjoying it! Thank you for reading!

Word count: 1276