chapter 10 ( good ending)

Alfred sat on the front porch. He stared out at the garden that had grown. He had started working on it almost four year ago. He also started getting help four years ago. He started going to therapy, he started recovery. He had a a lot of ups and downs, but he was here. He wasn't actively self harming or suicidal. Infact he had replaced all of his bad habits with much healthier ones. Now don't get him wrong he is not completely recovered and mostly likely never will be, but he is trying his best and he's doing what he can to take care of himself.

   He stared out at the garden, the tree in which hero was buried under was still there in the center of the yard. He grew quite a lot and not just flower wise, he had fruits and vegetables that were growing in their own part of the garden, there were also cacti. He also grew as a person, going from the over confident representative, to a depressed and lonely person who barley saw him self as anything other than scum, to a recovering man who still struggled but didn't let that stop him from being a hero.

He no longer saw himself as the villain. He was a hero, at least to himself and that was what mattered to him. Even if every one else saw him as a monster, he knew that he wasn't one. He was strong and for the first time in a while he was happy.

Alfred had done a lot to get to where he is. He separated himself from the other countries. He got into therapy. At one point he was in an eating disorder clinic. He slipped a few times, but he didn't let that stop him from continuing his journey. He was a work in progress after all. He was going to get through this and he knew it.