Chapter 6

Hannia's POV

I wake up because of that one annoying strand of light shining through my window and right into my face. As I open my eyes I uncover myself from the blankets and lazily put on my slippers, groaning.

I quickly look at the time and see it's past 1 pm.

Then I walk downstairs because I can already smell the sent of bacon and eggs that my dad is probably making us all for lunch again.

It's always bacon and eggs for lunch on Saturdays because neither of us like heavy lunch food since we all wake up late at weekends.

"Hey dad." I greet him as I yawn. My dad's dressed in a suit, like he always is when he goes to do something related to work, but that doesn't stop him from making food and risking ruining his fancy clothes.

"Hey, love." My dad smiles as he waves his hand towards the kitchen table. "Put the plates on so we can eat."

I sigh lazily and start taking out the plates, putting them on the table and then taking forks and knives as well. I then drag my feet across the hallway and go into the living room where I find my mum laying on the couch.

"Mum, breakfast is ready." I yell because I know she's taking her 'morning nap' even though she's probably woken up an hour ago. She claims morning naps are healthy.

When I turn around and come back to the kitchen, the plates are already full and I can feel my stomach grumble. I quickly sit and start eating, not caring that I may look like I haven't eaten for a week.

"Easy there." My dad laughs and I smile, looking at him. He's sitting by his plate and leaning in his chair, but he isn't eating.

"Aren't you going to eat? You'll be late for your business party." I say with my mouthful and my dad can't stop himself from laughing again.

"I'm waiting for your mum, but knowing her we really are going to be late so..." He trails off and starts eating, both of us staying quiet until we've finished the breakfast.

"So where were you yesterday? You came in late." My dad asks once we start washing the dishes.

"It wasn't late dad." I glance at him, smiling. "I went to a party."

"Oh?" My dad raises his eyebrows at me and I can already see the stampede of questions running over me. "With who?"

"A friend from school." I say simply and take a plate out of his hand so I could wipe it.

"Your school?"

"Yeah." I groan.

"Girl friend?" He stops washing the second plate and looks at me. I roll my eyes.

"No, a guy friend." I admit. "Are you going to wash this or do I have to do it myself?" I try to change the subject but my dad doesn't let me.

"A guy friend?" He asks louder, but not in an angry way. More like surprised. "Is he in fact a friend or is he a boyfriend?"

"He's still a friend, dad." I try to leave the conversation hanging but my dad picks it right back up.

"Still?"

"Oh my God." I stare at my dad and he starts laughing as he puts his hands in the air.

"Okay, alright, no more questions." He finally lets go of the subject and I mentally thank God. But then I peek at my dad's intense face, his furrowed eyebrows and his pursed lips and I have to give in, knowing he'll explode unless I do.

"Okay, what is it?"

"Do I know him?" My dad shoots out as soon as I finished the question and I chuckle.