Chapter 5

The video simply because I'm in the mood for superheroes lol
__

"Calum!" Hannia yells as she runs across the school hallway and jumps on my back. I start laughing as I catch her thighs so she doesn't fall down.

"Hey!" I smile and she comes off of me, standing in front of me and smiling widely.

"What are you doing today?" She asks happily, fidgeting her long, wavy hair. She's grinning so widely that I can't stop myself from chuckling.

It's been three days since we went to the amusement park and ever since we always hang out in school whenever we get the chance. I have to admit it to myself and I had to admit it to Michael as well, I like her. She radiates positivity and happiness and even though she's pretty different from me in many aspects, I'm attracted to her.

"I was invited to a party at Jacob's place, are you coming?" I ask, leaning on a random locker behind me.

"A party? What's the address?" Hannia asks, interested.

"We can pick you up if you want." I offer, already thinking about what she's going to wear. Is it a dress? Is it shorts and a shirt that show her legs? Why am I thinking about this?

"No, no." She snaps almost immediately and I give her a confused look. "No, I can drive myself. I just need the address." She smiles embarrassedly and I nod.

"It's Louisa Road 324. Dress code is naked." I joke and for a second she thinks I'm serious, but then she slaps my arm which, of course, I don't feel.

"Is there a dress code though?" She asks, fixing her bag that's hanging from her right shoulder. I think she's just come from her volleyball practice, seeing her hair is up in a ponytail and she has her training pants on, as well as her Nike sneakers.

"It's red." I shrug, aware that red is almost always the dress code at any party, but Jacob wouldn't give up on it.

"Great! See you there!" She briefly strokes my arm but when she remembers I don't feel it she quickly removes it, waving at me and walking away.

"See you." I smile at her and head to the back of the building for my detention.

I can't believe I managed to earn yet another detention from Coleman. All I did was flip off some dick that was going on my nerves because he was going on about how I can't even sing but have to attend choir.

Coleman, of course, saw me and wrote me down for yet another mute choir hour.

I like to sing. I don't even suck at it either, I just don't want to. I don't want for everyone to hear my singing. I'm not ashamed or something like that though. If I was an embarrassing type of person then I wouldn't be drawing attention with all of my cuts and bruises from all the shit I do. I'd just try to stay invisible.

I open the door to the choir class and walk past the tables as I put my backpack on one of them. Then I lazily drag my feet to some students sitting in the front of the classroom, Mrs. Hemmings telling them something.

"Mr. Hood, you're joining us today as well?" She asks happily, smiling at me. I roll me eyes and stand next to some girl in the group.

"Mhm." I mumble and they don't pay much attention to me anymore. Mrs. Hemmings starts playing the guitar riff to some song and everyone starts harmonizing together, me just standing there.

But then I realize what song they're singing and I start paying a bit more attention to what's going on. The choir sings the first part and when the chorus starts, everyone is quiet and one voice makes my head look confusedly around the room.