Crushed paradise

[Okay so i really wanna write in 1st person and maybe I'll do that for the rest of the chapter idkkk. Uh so yeah hope you enjoy this one! :D ]
Here ya go, a nice 4000 word chapter like how it should be!

Luz's POV

"What are you doing here?" I hissed, gripping Amity's hand, pulling her further behind me.
"I could ask the same thing yourself!" The girl replied, her voice silky tainted with her taste for conflict, "I thought you were supposed to be at Summer Camp."
She came up to me and grabbed my wrist tight before I could attempt to wrench it out of her grasp.
The others took a few steps closer to us, grins plastered their faces.
This was obviously going to end badly, but I didn't think it would be worth starting the fight so soon.
I was only able to be free from them for a couple of sweet months. Now it was happening all over again.

Amity tugged at my hand, beckoning me to turn around. But as I did so, she bumped into a huge figure of a boy behind her. She almost jumped out of her own skin.

"And it looks as if you've found a new friend!" Via exclaimed as Amity tried to draw a spell circle but stopped halfway in dread as she realised she couldn't do magic. The boy leaned in to touch her hair, but Amity whipped out the way, shouting "Hey! Watch it!"
"Don't you dare lay a finger on her," I almost growled.
It's her, it's her oh gods are you actually serious. The o d d s of this happening. Of all the days, of all the times, of all the places. Now? Fear gnawed at my stomach as the group of people nudged us closer and closer into their circle that was decreasing in size.
"Oh, so you care about this friend of yours, don't you? I wonder what she's like. Maybe another weirdo like this Luzer?"
"Don't talk to her like that!" Amity snapped back.

Without warning, one of the boys grabbed her wrist so tight that I saw the skin around his grip turn paler.
Why can't I do anything?
Amity punched his stomach with one hand as she yelped in pain when he twisted her arm before kicking him hard on the chin.
Why won't by body move!?
Seeing that the boy was stunned by such immediate attack, Amity whipped her head around to see another boy and two of the girls around me.
I need to help Amity!
One of them grabbed me from the collar of my T-shirt. Frustration boiled in my mind. What the actual FRICK was wrong with me? I was frozen again, just waiting for them to beat me up.

I was there again. On the floor, bruised and broken. I remember the muffled chuckling of the group as they aimed one last kick at my body on the ground. The feelings came flooding into me again. The pain, the fear, the hurt. They turned and walked away as if nothing happened. I lied on the floor, the concrete against my bruised skin. It had happened so many times before but that day was the worst of it. I didn't know why they kept doing it. I don't know why they picked on me just for being weird. For liking girls. For being a nerd. I wasn't doing anything to harm them! Rage churned inside me but it was put out by despair and I felt the hot tears coming down my face.

I cant let this happen again.

I cant

My mind snapped back into reality when my mind clicked when I heard Amity's whimper from my side.
Amity.
I had to protect her but it was Amity that launched herself towards Via.
"Luz!" She cried desperately for a response.
"Sorry," I muttered as I stood now ready to fight them.
This was useless. The five of them versus the witch and the human.
But that was okay. As long as Amity got out of this unharmed, it would be alright.

Forgetting the pain which spread through her torso from where she got punched when Amity wasn't looking, I lunged at one of them.He skillfully dodged before grabbing my arm and pulling me towards him so that she would be met by a punch that almost knocked the air out of me. Pain flooded my mind as I struggled to take in a breath.
"I don't know why you guys bother with me." I panted, trying to regain my composure before being hit on the back. I stumbled a few steps forward at the impact but right now i coudlnt concentrate on the pain I was in, but only finding a way to get Amity out.