Confession

Amity's face was also growing red, her pointed ears drooped down and her eyes were wide in surprise at what just happened.
Luz brought her hands to Amity's and gave them a small squeeze.

"Amity, what I am about to say will probably make you feel a bit uncomfortable and I'd hate it for you to feel that way.... but I don't think I can keep this in my chest anymore and I really really need to get it out and the words are already coming out of my mouth before I can stop it,"

Luz let out a small chuckle of embarrassment. Amity waited wide-eyed.

"Well, there are so many great qualities about you and I couldn't even begin to list all of them. You're so smart, you're beautiful, you're amazing... I love the way you're so caring on the inside, even if you don't show it, you're so gentle and loving and loyal - I know that when I have your back, you'll have mine. You're also so strong: mentally and physically. You're one of the most hard working, powerful and dedicated witches I know but you're going through so much, and I want to help get rid of the burden on your shoulders. I don't know exactly what situation you're in but I want you to know that I'm here and I'm here to help you. I want to help you. And I know everyone is flawed and in my eyes you're perfect, Amity. You are... you are just so perfect. After we started to hang out and began our friendship, I started to feel emotions that I was scared of showing you.. and- and now I'm just pouring it all out on you, and that's not fair a-and I- "

she let out a sigh before taking in a sharp breath,

"I love you, Amity!"

For a moment, Luz tilted her head down. Not as a guilt trip, but of pure dread at what would happen and what she just told her. Our friendship is probably ruined now- I- I can't believe I just told her. I shouldn't have brought her here in the first place! How the heck could I be so stupid?!

She stood with her fists clenched and realised that Amity had let go of her hands. She didn't dare to look up at the witch again.

Amity realised that her throat was clogging up and her eyes pricked with tears. She was telling her. She was confessing! The words the human said were so kind and heartfelt... no one had ever cared for her that way before. No one. All those years that she spent, thinking that she was alone in this world. That no one would care for her. That she was nothing. Worthless. A burden. A failure.
She'd been told countless times about how she wasn't good enough, and only bad for the Blights' name. All the emotions that she'd kept hidden for so long were flooding out. She didn't want to think about everything at home, right now she was just overwhelmed with the emotions rather than her thoughts. Bringing her hands up to her face in the shock of her words, "I love you, Amity!", she felt that her red cheeks were drenched with tears.
She saw Luz lower her head in defeat. Amity stool still for a moment, the tension in the block of air positioning them still in time. She broke the silence with a small sniffle, making Luz look up. Before the human could react properly, Amity lunged towards the human and hugged her tight, gripping her red flannel and burying her head into Luz's shoulder.
"W-who said that I didn't like you back, you idiot!" She said in between sobs as she felt Luz's chest rise as she gasped.

"Whaa.." Luz was lost for words. The witch crying on her shoulder, the top student, Little Miss Perfect, Amity Blight liked her back?

Amity didn't know why she was crying so much, but it was comforting since she was hugging Luz. overwhelmed with happiness, relief and sadness at the same time.
"I love you too, Luz," she said as she felt Luz slowly wrap her cradled around her body with slight hesitation.

The green haired girl's words rang in her ears. She really did love her back! SHE LOVES ME BACK! SHE LOVES ME BACK! Luz smiled from ear to ear, breathing in a breath of excitement and let it out with an overjoyed chuckle. Amity joined in, her voice tainted with the results of crying as the witch looked up at Luz, their gazes interlocking yet again.
Luz's smile softened, her eyebrows going down slightly in concern. She brought her hand to the witch's lightly blushing cheeks to wipe away her tears. Her skin was so smooth against hers and it was so soft too.