Lost in the dark

29 APRIL

Dazai had been staring at the photo that was hung on the wall for about 15 minutes now. It was around 7 a.m in the morning. Light rays came from the window and fell on his face making it warm. Dazai had sold his apartment after the incident last year and had started living in a small house . He couldn't stay in that same house , he even threw away most of his furniture because all of them reminded him of a certain someone. There was just a bed and a closet. His entire place was filled with beer bottles which were about a week old and trash. It was as if he had nothing to do, no will to live , nothing at all. He had the same expression of grief , sadness and utter pain all the time.

He got up and headed towards the detective agency. After a few blocks he stopped at the corner of a certain road . It was crossing , a deadly crossing for him.

"Last year , on this day............... "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE YEAR AGO , 29 APRIL

"Hey dazai, stop it, don't drink anymore. You'll get sick ."

"You mean you are worried about me, chuuya?" Dazai said with a smirk on his face.

"Yes i am worried about myself because after you pass out i'll have to carry your drunk ass home"

"It's fine chuuya . After all it's your birthday , let me enjoy your treat. hehee "

"I don't know what i thought when i said yes to your proposal."

"Of course i had to take an initiative. After all you are such a coward." Dazai said with a grin.

"No, i am not."

Dazai leaned towards chuuya's ears and whispered softly "ohh, really." He then shifted  such that he was face to face with him. Chuuya started blushing and shifted his gaze towards the floor. Dazai's hand reached for chuuya's chin and lifted his face so that they could look in each other's eyes . Dazai heard chuuya's heavy breathing along with his. He moved closer and gently planted a soft kiss on his lips and smiled.

"What...what are you doing. We are in public dammit." Chuuya said flustered.

"I don't care about other people as long as you are with me . You accepted me for who i am, with all my flaws, my sucidal tendencies, my unwillingness to do anything. You became my reason of living. I am so glad i met you otherwise i would have just died after a successfull sucide attempt."

Chuuya's expression changed from love to deep concern for his partner. He knew dazai very well and even though others might think about his sucide attempts as a joke he always knew that he was serious about ending his life. The care and concern he had for dazai in his younger days slowly converted to love . After dazai's proposal they had been dating since last 2 years. They had constant bickerings about little things but they both knew that they couldn't live without each other.

"Dazai promise me something." chuuya said with a soft voice.

"What is it chuuya?"

"Promise me that you won't try anymore sucide attempts from now onwards. It's really difficult for me to see you in that state. It makes me feel that my love is not enough for you. If it's the truth then tell me what should i do. Sometimes i feel i can't understand you at all." Chuuya teared up he couldn't say anything else . The act of sobbing alone told dazai that it was important for chuuya because he was not the one who would break down easily.

Dazai embraced the crying ginger into a warm hug and said, "Don't cry chibi, i am sorry i did that. I seriously didn't knew that you felt this way . I promise that i won't do any such thing in the future"