14: Call Me Babe

💐 Rose Hart – Feb. 16, 2015

     The date(?) turned out to be an amazing night. After I had confidently kissed him, Louis and I both started to hands and head dance like there was no tomorrow – and yeah, there was possibly a time or two where I did Theo’s suggestion – up until midnight when he kisses me on the neck and whispers in my ear that he has something to show me.

     A car and boat ride later we arrive at Ellis Island where The Statue of Liberty stands tall. I knew we were headed here the minute Louis took me to the docks, but he simply said “you’ve probably been here a lot but I just wanted to see New York’s skyline with you” needless to say, I just about melted into a puddle.

     “Beautiful isn’t it?” He wonders aloud, his breath visible in the cold air. I nod as I lean on the railing, my eyes in complete awe at how bright New York’s lights were, I’ve never visited Ellis at night. I then feel Louis’ eyes on me so I turn to him to find him looking at me with that amazing smile, the kind where it’s small but so precious – I loved that smile. “You’re more beautiful than it.”

     I suppressed a blush as I said something witty, “Hey, don’t objectify her like that. She has feelings too.”

     Louis rolls his eyes at me before wrapping an arm around my shoulders. “Wow, I try to compliment you and you just disregard it.”

     “It’s what I do,” I say while looking up at him. He smiles down at me before kissing my forehead. I mess with the buttons of his shirt. “Aren’t you cold?”

     “I come from England, babe. I’m fine.” I flush when he says babe. He smiles victoriously. “That’s all I wanted! I just wanted to see your cheeks flush because of me instead of the cold.”

     “Well, then call me babe more often.”

     “Maybe I will... babe”

     We don’t stay on the island much longer because my legs start to lose feeling – Louis suggested a piggy back ride so his body heat could warm my legs, which as he said, would be wrapped around his waist, I just opted for going home to which he frowned but agreed – and now we were at my front door, which I was leaned against, just looking at each other with small smiles.

     “This was a nice date,” I say.

     “Date?” He questions with a smug grin, I frown. “Glad you saw it as I date because I did too. We should do it again – maybe just a tad bit different.”

     “Why? What was wrong with tonight?” I ask as his forehead grazes mine, his azure eyes captivating me. So much so that I didn’t even notice that he had closed the space between us, placed his arm against the door behind my head and had his right hand on my cheek, caressing my cheek bone.

     “Nothing,” he replies making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. His fingers push them back to normal. “The next date we won’t be just friends, we will be a couple.”

     “Is this you asking me to be your girlfriend?” I ask, a smile tugging at my lips.

     “Depends if the answer is yes or not.”

     I laugh and press a kiss to his lips. “It’s a definite yes, Louis.”

     “Thank, God,” he says before capturing my lips into a kiss, this one ten times better than the one we had shared on the dance floor, with slow motions and pressed bodies.

💘  💘  💘

(A/N): ROUIS IS OFFICIAL AND THIS WAS THE LAST CHAPTER! I AM EMOTIONAL  BC SO CUTE YET VERY BITTERSWEET. This story never really got many reads or likes or comments but that doesn’t matter, I was just really happy to write this cute story. I live for short stories, they are my fave. The next short story special will be Niall – can you guess what day he gets? (it’s kind of obvious.)

Epilogue will be posted in a few!

P.S. pic of their lovely view