Chapter 5

A/N.

Thank you for reading!! This I one of my favorite things I have ever done with my spare time. It's sooo fun to write! This is completely my own story, I wrote it without any story in mind...

I have big plans for this story!!! Please share it, put it on twitter, and tumblr, and facebook, and myspace... if people even still use that... but please credit me @ChasingNiam!! Vote and comment!! I would love some suggestions! I need a girl name for another character. Any Ideas?????

You are beautiful! Love, Jae.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being my first day in London, I had no idea where I was going. I exited the building, and stepped onto the wet pavement. It was gloomy, but not raining. I turned to where I could see the city and began to slowly walk. I needed a plan. I can’t just wander around asking people if they were my aunt or uncle. Can I ask the police? I don’t know what they are like here, I heard that they can beat people up and stuff... Maybe that should be a last resort.

After walking for about ten minutes, I was in the heart of the city. Everything was so old and beautiful, the buildings stood up so tall. I sat down next to a fountain and just took in the city. People watching was one of my favorite things. Not in a creepy way, I just liked to see what people were doing, how they dressed, and how they acted. Everyone seemed so much different here than compared to my small hometown in Wisconsin. Everyone dressed much nicer and the majority of people were thinner. Not to mention how many more people were here, there were about 5,000 people in my town. I feel like I’ve looked at that many people in 10 minutes.

I continued to just look around, I don’t know quite what I was looking for. Just sort of hoping that my uncle just would walk up to me and say “Are you Abigail?” and my problems would be solved. I’ve never seen them before so this might be a little harder than I had originally anticipated.

The cutest old couple were walking around the square, arm in arm. I wanted a love like that. I wanted to find my perfect other half, get married, and stay together for the rest of our lives. Devoting everything we have to the other person. As I imagined my cute old husband Niall popped into my head. He would be so adorable, little suspenders to hold up his pants, maybe a scarf and a hat. Wait... I’m not getting married to Niall. I don’t even like him like that, he’s just a crush. I can’t like him like that...

The sun was almost directly overhead now, indicating it was around noon. “Shit.” I cursed under my breath. Niall said he’d be gone for an hour. I picked myself up off of the bench I moved myself to, and headed back. The walk back seemed much longer.

I reached the door to the complex, and turned the handle. It was locked. I banged on the door waiting for a response, but I shouldn’t expect one considering his apartment was on the second floor. After a few minutes of banging and no response, I took a seat on the steps leading up to the door. Hopefully he would come out looking for me. I looked down at my shoes and began to play with the laces. About ten minutes passed, and it started to rain. I hung my head and let the water run over my hair... I probably looked like a hobo. Thinking about it, if I never found Niall, this would be my life right now. Homeless and just sitting in the street in the rain. I couldn’t believe my complete luck.

I sat there for what felt like an eternity until a black range rover pulled up to the curb across the street. A spark of hope, maybe Niall was a little longer than he expected, and was just getting back. I stared at the doors, someone cracked the door and stepped out. I couldn’t see quite who it was because I didn’t have my glasses on, but it wasn’t Niall. I could tell he had dark hair. The figure started to walk toward me, and my heart picked up its pace. Who was this? As they got closer I recognized the face. Not anyone I have met in person, but I’ve definitely seen them before.