"I'm gonna take care of you, asshole"

Was just another normal day at the station, I know, that's the worst way to start anything, but yeah, it's the damn true! 

The 118 had some calls, some weird ones, as always, but nothing really special. At, almost 9 pm, they arrive after the one they all hope it's the last before dinner, specially Buck... 
Chim, Hen and Eddie and the other firefighters followed Bobby right to the kitchen, but, before anyone even notice, he crawled himself to the dorms, laying on bed immediately, tired as hell.

- Dinner is ready!! - Bobby screamed.

With big relieved smiles on their faces, they put the last things on the table and hurried to take their seats.

- Wait, where is Buck? - Chim asked - He's always almost the first to get here.

Secretly, Eddie's heart just starts betting faster, and on seconds, as the other members of the team, he was looking for his best friend, trying to call him by the phone.

- I think I found our Sleeping Beauty. - Hen whispered with Buck's phone on her hands, from the dour of the boy's dorms.

- He is sleeping already? Really? - Chimney laughed - Come on, the day wasn't that hard! - he said walking into the room.

- Maybe the last night was the one who was difficult. - Bobby retorted with his calm voice, sitting on the other bed, followed by a worried Eddie - Hey Buck, time to eat. - he said, shaking his shoulder, gently.

- Are you alright? - Eddie asked, sitting on Buck's bed when he confused opened his eyes - The dinner is ready.

- Oh ok... Go on guys, I'll find you in some minutes... - he muttered, hoarse, pushing the cover for himself a little more.

- Are you going to sleep again, come on Buck, Bobby did your favorite! - Hen exclaimed, her instincts were already on - What's wrong?

- Nothing! Guys I'm just exhausted and cold... - he responded, snuggling into the bed.

Eddie and Bobby looked at each other in accomplice way, they knew that he was lying, of course they knew.

- Ok, let's go guys, before we got a new call. - Bobby called - Take some rest, I'm gonna let food on the fridge. - he said putting his hand on the shoulder of the youngest.

When Bobby got out of the place, Buck tough he was finally alone, but one person was left, looking at him.

- Are you gonna try to lie to me? - Eddie asked when they found each other's eyes - You're literally shivering and isn't even that cold. - he crossed his arms with his "dad" and"I'm always right", look.

- I am ok! - Buck declare.

- You're such a stubborn!! - Eddie yelled and Buck shrank back to the bed 'cause of the hurt on his head  - Oh... I'm sorry!

He sat down again on his best friend's side, putting his hand on Buck's forehead, felling immediately the warm coming from that.

- You're feverish, dumbass... - he whispered, softly, caressing the face of the youngest one who simply gave in to the touch, both getting carried by their feelings in the moment of weakness - I'm gonna tell cap so you can go home early, or I can call Maddie, so she can pick you, you should definitely don't drive like this! - Eddie exclaimed, walking fast to the dour.

- Eddie...?

- Hm?

- Don't tell Bobby... It's probably just a cold, I don't need to go home, noone needs to worry about... - unfortunately he was interrupted by a pair of sneezes and a visible shiver that made him push de covers to himself again, shaking - I just need to rest, a little bit of rest would be good...

- Okay, now you're going home, and I'm going with you! - Eddie affirmed before putting the first foot out of the dorm.

- Eddie please! - Buck begged.

He just stooped and sigh, then walked back, sitting where Bobby was before, in front of Buck, the boy seamed so weak and sad, so vulnerable that melted his heart, finally, he limited himself to smile, tranquilizer.

- I'm gonna take care of you, asshole - Eddie said, moving his hand to find Buck's.

Both of their hearts were racing, both of their faces were blushing (even if the biggest reason in Buck's case is the fever) but none of them dropped the other one's hand, in some way, the soft touch made Buck feel better, even if since this morning his all body hurts and he barely can breath by his nose right now, at least is just Eddies's effect.

- Ok... Go, notify Bobby and get me out off here, I don't want waste anyone else's time... - he babbled, acting like he was just going to sleep again.

- Hey, Evan? - Eddie called, but the other was just back to the dreamland  in quick seconds - You're not a waste of time, not for them, Maddie loves you, Bobby, Athena, Hen, Chim, they all love you...And I, you're not a waste of time for me either, 'cause, you know... - he said even if noone was listening.