You'll never be alone - Part 2

Closer than before, Eddie stopped looking at the freaking sad scene that's happening in front of his own eyes. Has before in lots of other times, 'cause Buck is such a crier, his heart just broke. 

He wanted to say something, TO DO SOMETHING! Eddie needed to put the smile on Buck's face, again, the perfectly pretty smile that owns his heart, secretly.

But he can't. The words didn't came out of his mouth when he asked for them, he wasn't capable of grab his best friend's attention, of interrupting the hug between cap and Buck...

- E-Eddie... - the sound of Buck's tremble voice, made Eddie look up, again, again into his best friend's eyes.

Bobby wasn't dumb, he knew that his presence wasn't necessary there, anymore, besides, that two needed to have conversation, Evan Buckley, the one that means to him as much as a son, doesn't need his father figure in that, he needs Eddie. Buck could say anything he wanted, that he just needed someone to hug, someone to hear him, to hold him while he cries, saying not even a little word, but what he truly needed, what he truly wanted was to know that Eddie was there, that nothing changed between them since the multiple mistakes he made... 

Bobby slowly walked away of the still fragile firefighter without getting his eyes of Buck's, like, asking for his permission, trying to know if he was comfortable enough. Eddie, in the other hand, walked in their direction, finally getting to the point where his hand could reach Buck's arm if he wanted, and oh he wanted so much more than that, and he did, he did that, carefully and softly, Eddie reached Buck's wrist, he felt his pulse already faster than it should be, getting even faster...

- Buck, hey, look at me! - he asked - It's everything okay, I'm right by your side, right here. 

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, both of Buck's arms were surrounding him, he hugged him with all his strength, crying once more, this time on Eddie's shoulder. Eddie's heart was about to explode.

- I'm an asshole, I am... I am so stupid... I'm sorry, I am so sorry Edds! - he sobbed.

- Shhh - was the only thing that Eddie could "say" while caressed Buck's sweat curls - I'm the one who he's sorry, you're not the wrong anymore, you've been doing your best, you are regret, fuck, I'm the one being a shitty person! - tears run over his eyes too.

- I hurted you guys... And I know you said that you forgived me, but I still feel so out of place... And I'm always putting someone in danger... It's like, it's like I can't...

Silence, Buck shut himself up, with his forehead still on Eddie's shoulder.

- Talk to me... Keep going... - Eddie whispered.

- It's just like I can't do anything right anymore... Even if that sound stupid, or dramatic, it's what I feel, I'm sorry for lying to you before, I just don't want to do that again, but I still don't want you to worry about my insignificant problems.

Breath in, Breath out

Eddie grabbed Buck's face, notwithstanding his racing heart, their racing hearts, he hold it, looking deep into that deep and so pretty eyes, he felt like he was about to drown into them, he didn't cared anymore, he just want to make sure that that blue eyes were full of joy again, that his  Evan knew that he IS loved, that he matters.

- Can you hear what I have to say now, please? 

Buck nodded.

- You're not insignificant, your problems are important, you are important and you don't need to feel like this 'cause you are really forgiven, everyone makes mistakes, and we understood you. I'm sorry if that's not what we are showing to you, that's going to change, I'm not gonna let you down, not again. 

- But Eddie I...

- No, Evan, no! - now Buck knew, that's one of the moments he loved to hear his real name said by that specific lips, so a little smile surged in his mouth - You see, that's what I prefer, you to smile, to laugh, but most of all, if you're not in the mood, I prefer that you talk to me, I'm here you dumbass... I don't know how many times I have to say it but I'll do it! You'll never be alone... I- I...

Buck didn't knew why he did what he did next, he didn't knew if it was the way he felt Eddie's heart against his own, or if it was because of the way he was talking, but without letting Eddie finish the sentence, he kissed him.

- Thank you... Me too, me too Edds. - was his turn to whisper.