PARENTS // PT 2

-

PT 2

-

RUNNING AROUND IN A TINY CAT ONESIE MIYA HAD GIFTED HER, RIO WAS A LITTLE BALL OF JOY.

"Rio!" Cried Reki. "You're not done eating yet!" He ripped of his dirtied apron and began chasing little Rio, who refused to obey her dad and instead ran to Langa intead, who enveloped his daughter into his arms.

"Oh, Rio" Langa said, shaking his head. A warm smile tugged at his lips.

Reki reached for the bowl on the table, sliding down on the floor infront of Rio. He spooned a spoonful of baby food and carried it up to Rio's small mouth.

She slammed her mouth shut, crossed her arms and shook her head.

"Why won't she eat?" Reki asked Langa, exasperated. 

"Can I have the spoon?" Said Langa, laughing. Reki nodded and handed him the spoon, his fingers trailing over his as they met hands. Reki blushed.

Langa took the spoon. "Rio, open up! The airplane's coming through!" He sang, moving the spoon around as if it was as real airplane.

Rio was amused. She giggled and opened her mouth, allowing Langa to feed her happily. Langa smiled harder. "See? That's how you do it"

"Let me try!" Chirped Reki, taking the spoon from Langa. He dipped the spoon in the bowl and repeated Langa's words. "Open up! The airplane's coming!" 

Rio opened her mouth, gobbling up another bite.

Reki cheered. "Yay! It worked!"

The doorbell sounded, a sharp ding that rang through the entire house. "I'll answer it" Reki said, jumping up from his spot. 

"Do you think it's the cat apron Miya ordered for her?" Langa queried.

Reki shrugged. "No idea" He practically bounced to the door, opening it enthusiastically. 

"Reki!! Let us see the baby" Cherry, Joe and Miya squealed in sync.

"Cherry? Joe? Miya?" Reki asked, confusion in his tone.

"Surprise!" Said Joe, his arm around Cherry.

"We wanted to see her again" Explained Miya, ducking under Reki's arm and into the house. 

"Come in then" Reki said to Joe and Cherry, sighing at Miya's feline like behavior.

"Okay!" Said Cherry as he bounded in. "Where's the baby?"

"Kitchen" Answered the redhead. 

The pair nodded and headed off to the kitchen as Reki closed to door and followed them. He found Miya cooing over Rio, and Langa watching the two with the sweetest smile on his face. Reki's heart warmed.

"She looks so cute in the onesie I got her! Don't you think so?" Miya demanded to Cherry, who sat himself on the floor. 

"She does" Said Cherry, studying Rio's soft blue curls intensely. "She has better hair than me!" He exclaimed after a moment. "I can't believe it"

Joe laughed, regarding Cherry fondly. "No one has better hair than you, darling" 

Cherry flushed as Miya burst out laughing. "Remember when you guys were moral enemies? Look at you now" He smirked, sliding out his phone in a quick motion and snapping a picture of Cherry and Joe's intwined hands.

"Oh shut up, Miya" Grumbled Cherry, slinking away from the chuckling boy.

Meanwhile, Rio had crawled over to the trio, sitting down on the soft carpet as she stared up at the three expectantly. In her hands, she clutched a round monster stuffy.

Langa followed after her, sinking down onto the ground behind her. He placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head. 

"She's actually so cute" Said Joe, awkwardly petting her head since he was unsure of what else to do. He turned to look at Cherry. "We should think about childr-"

"No" Cherry cut him off, crossing his arms. "I'm too young and pretty to think about these things. Maybe in a few years"

Joe sighed. "Fine" He picked up Rio. "Doesn't this cuteness convince you, though?" Rio gave Cherry an adorable smile, letting out a small giggle.

Cherry's firm look wavered. He considered it. "A few months" He decided finally. Joe let out a loud cheer.

"Why did I have to be so young" Miya complained.

"You're almost there" Langa reassured him with a laugh. "A few more years" He said, repeating Cherry's words.

"It's fine. In the meantime, I'll just busy myself with Rio" 

"Come by and help out whenever you want to" Reki piped in, appearing from the kitchen.

Miya suddenly perked up. "Oh my god" He said. 

"What?" Langa queried, tilting his head.

"Ijusthadthebestideaever" 

"Which is?"

"I'M GOING TO TEACH HER HOW TO SKATE" He clapped his hands together. "It's perfect! Imagine having a member of the Japanese national team teaching you how to skate! Her future is basically already set!"

"I want to help!" Said Joe, swinging a bulky arm around Miya.

Reki and Langa shared a glance. "Sure" Reki said finally. "But she might be a bit young right now. Maybe you should wait a few ye-"

"Please no not again" Miya interrupted, letting out a big sigh. "If anyone says those 7 words to me again I will actually cry"

-

a/n: i know it's not pride month anymore but since I was away at the end of june I never got to finish these oneshots so i'm just going to keep pretending its pride month :D