DISAPPOINTMENT // reki x fem! reader

-Your pov-

You walked into the classroom, smiling as you settled your glance on your redheaded boyfriend. 

"Y/n!" He smiled, hopping off from his desk as he strolled towards you. 

You quickly looked around before pecking him on the lips. 

"Hi" You returned his smile, giving his messy hair a good ruffle before going to sit down at your spot. 

Just then, the teacher walked into the room, a firm expression her face as she sat down and crossed her arms. 

"Ladies and gentlemen" She said, pursing her lips. "As you all know, we had a test earlier this week, and the class average is below what I expected"

You stared worriedly over to Reki, who looked nervous. He was looking down at his shoes, his fingers fidgeting at his shirt. You had helped Reki study for the test and reassured him that it would be okay, since he was nervous about failing. You knew that hearing that the class average was low probably made him think that he failed.

You wanted to reach over and give his hand a squeeze, but you knew that the teacher wouldn't appreciate that very much.

"I will be handing the tests back now." She said shortly, grabbing a pile of tests as she started distributing them.

You heard groans go around the classroom while everyone looked at their scores. Even you were getting nervous at this point, and you felt your hands clam up as she came closer to you.

"Good job" She said, offering a small smile as she put your test on your desk.

83%.

Not bad, definitely not what you expected. Sighing in relief, you leaned back onto your chair. Remembering Reki, you turned towards him again to see that he was clutching his test so hard that it was crumpling. 

Your happiness went away as you saw that he was unhappy. The corners of your mouth turned down, your smile turning into a frown. 

I'll talk to him after class, You thought, averting your gaze and focusing on the board.

<3

"Hey, Reki" You said as you walked over to Reki, an easy smile on your face.

"Hi, love" He responded, looking anywhere but you.

You didn't understand why he wasn't looking at you, he was disappointed, but that didn't mean he was mad at you, did it?

"R, are you mad at me?" You said quietly, biting your lip.

"No!" He said immediately, finally meeting your glance. "Its just that" He sighed. "I'm disappointed and mad at myself that I got bad on this test even after you helped me, I feel like I failed you" 

"Reki!" You responded, a little smile reappearing on your face. You were so glad that he wasn't mad at you, and it was so sweet that he was scared he had failed you. 

You cupped his cheek softly. "You'll never disappoint me, don't ever feel like you've failed me again"

Reki finally smiled, a smile that easily made everyone around him happier. You loved that about him, his contagious smile and how he was like a ray of sunshine.

"Thank you, y/n. I love you" He whispered.

"I love you too, Reki"