VIII

As soon as you arrived home from work, you began to get everything ready for your dinner with the MacManus. You didn't bother much with having the place perfectly neat, considering how messy the brother's place always was, you didn't think they'd care or judge you if yours wasn't perfect.

You decided to cook pasta for dinner, spaghetti. The twins seemed to like it and you thought yours was good, if you may say so yourself. You had finished getting everything ready and were sat down on the sofa, waiting for the twins, feeling a bit nervous even if you knew it was silly, when finally your doorbell rang.

"Hi!" You greeted as you opened the door and saw the brothers standing there, smiling at you.

"Hi, lass," Connor greeted you, waving a bottle of booze, and you snorted, of course they'd bring one with them.

"Hey, love," Murphy greeted, leaning to kiss your lips, but he'd barely pecked them when he bumped into you, and you realized that Connor had pushed him.

"Can't make out inside instead of blockin' the door?" Connor asked, giving you a smug smirk, and you rolled your eyes at him but couldn't help your smile, while Murphy pushed his brother inside, grumbling something in whatever language they'd decided to snap at each other that day, but Connor just chuckled and passed you the bottle of booze.

"Thanks, you didn't have to." You took the bottle, leaving it on top of a crocheted coaster on the coffee table. "I bought beers since you were coming, but I'm not sure they'll live up to your Irish taste," you joked.

"I'm sure they're fine, love, thank ye," Murphy said, kissing your cheek, and you smiled at him.

"Ye weren't kiddin', ye really are into crochet," Connor said, and you looked from Murphy to him, noticing that he had taken one of your attempted coasters and doilies that you had lying around the table and sofa...you were used to having them here and there and so you hadn't realized it, and now you wished you had hidden them.

"Yeah...uh...I'm still just learning..." You shrugged, trying to discreetly hide a bad attempt of a crocheted flower behind the sofa cushions.

"Aye....aye, I can tell that," Connor laughed, seeming amused at the coaster that he was holding, which, alright, it wasn't your best work...or your worst. You smacked Connor's arm, snapping the coaster from his hand, and Connor laughed again, looking at you with an amused smirk as you tried to hide the coaster under a candle that you had on the table.

"Don't listen to my brother, love, he's an idiot," Murphy said, taking another crocheted coaster before you could stop him, that one resembling a sunflower...or trying to. "I like this one." Connor looked at the coaster too, his smirk growing bigger at it, and Murphy noticed it too. "Shut yer hole! I like it, it ain't bad...sure, it ain't a perfect circle, but it looks round enough to me, love," Murphy told you, smiling.

"It's...that's one is supposed to be a square," you sighed, and couldn't even glare at Connor when he began laughing at that. Murphy looked at you, seemingly not knowing what to say for once, while Connor just kept laughing. You took the sorry coaster and threw it to Connor, who caught it, looking thoroughly amused.

"Shut up or I'll stab you with one of my crochet needles," you jokingly threatened Connor, but couldn't stop your embarrassed smile, you knew well that the coaster was a disaster, it'd been quite a disappointment because you'd been very excited about the sunflower pattern, so you hoped to try again at some point with better results.

"Aye, brother, don't mess with her, remember how she slashed that creep's face in St. Paddy," Murphy said, wrapping his arm around you, pulling you to him and kissing the side of your head. You were a bit embarrassed at the memory, but somehow, when Murphy said it like that, you almost felt proud of yourself.