5

Somehow, you had ended up on Murphy's lap while you all watched one of Connor's favorite movies.

There was no way both the twins, you and Rocco could fit in the MacManus' sofa, that barely fit three people, and you didn't mind sitting in one of the chairs, that tattered sofa was one of the most uncomfortable things you had ever sat on, but you didn't say that aloud, you just offered to take one of the chairs, saying that you didn't mind it.

Before you could sit down on a chair, though, Murphy had taken your hand and had flopped down on the sofa, pulling you with him until you were on his lap, giving you a smug smirk, and announced that there was space on it for Connor and Rocco now too, though you weren't sure if that sofa would hold all of you without falling into pieces.

Murphy's lap was more comfortable than the sofa, though, at least it seemed like so to you, but you couldn't help how flustered you got, especially when Connor and Rocco started trying to tease you both, even if Murphy told them to shut up. You couldn't help your shyness, though, being there on Murphy's lap like that, but it also felt nice, to be curled up to him, his arm around you, his fingers playing with your hair from time to time... it'd been a while since someone had held you like that, and shy and flustered or not, you enjoyed it.

As the day before, Connor commented stuff about the movie almost non-stop while Murphy and Rocco tried to make fun of it and of what Connor was saying just to mess with him. It was unfair, two against one, and so you joined the fun taking Connor's side, Murphy pretending to be offended at your betrayal.

At some point, though, you began to find it harder to focus on the movie, when you felt Murphy's hand on your thigh, his thumb rubbing circles over the fabric of your clothes...You had finally relaxed on his lap, but now you were getting flustered again...

Murphy seemed to notice it, and you felt his hand squeezing your thigh more firmly, so you looked at him. He seemed amused, looking at you with a smug smile, though his eyes were soft too, and the way in which he was looking at you made butterflies bloom in your stomach.

He lifted his hand from your thigh, cupping your face and you couldn't stop your smile when you looked at him as he lifted your head. You wondered if Murphy was going to kiss you, and you had gotten so focused on him, that you had somehow almost forgotten about Connor and Rocco, at least until Connor elbowed his twin, making you both look at him.

"Stop distractin' the lass just 'cause she got better taste than ye on movies and agrees with me," Connor complained. "Yer missin' the best part of the movie and makin' her miss it too."

"Again, the best part of the movie is the whole movie," Murphy told you hushedly as if it were a secret, but loud so Connor would hear him, and you couldn't help your giggle, even if you tried to give Murphy a scolding look, but judging by his smile, it didn't work.

"Don't listen to him, Connor, it's a great movie," you said and Connor smirked.

"Now lass, don't go actin' like ye weren't lookin' about to make out with my brother instead of watchin' the movie," Connor teased you, placing his hand over his heart and pretending to be offended, and you felt your cheeks heating up, realizing that you must have gotten more caught up with Murphy than you had thought, and you wondered if you'd have really kissed him there, no matter you were sitting next to Connor and Rocco. The idea embarrassed you, and you were sure you'd be too shy, but it seemed that Murphy had a way to make your logic and almost all your brain melt just by looking at you.

Connor smirked at you, as if he knew what you were thinking or just enjoyed seeing you flustered, and you nudged his leg with your feet. "Stop it," you murmured, and he just chuckled.