The Dark Lords Daughter 2: Slytherins Heir

My summer passed quickly mostly took up with long rides around the grounds on Grace and helping Hagrid out with jobs. I was currently laid on my bed, having done all Graces jobs and put her out in the pasture to graze, I had nothing left to do. I turned my head to look at the stack of completed homework piled on my desk and sighed. It was half way through the eighth week of the holidays and although I was excited for my friends to come back, I was anxious as well. I had received letters off Ron, Hermione, Seamus and Neville, all telling me of their fabulous holidays. Harry however, hadn't replied to a single one of my messages and it worried me. I stood and paced around the room, coming to a halt in front of the window. The pasture outside was full of rich green grass which swayed gently in the breeze, the evergreens in the distance, stood tall and proud in the last of the summer sun. A movement caught my attention. A dark speck of the horizon, I squinted trying to see what it was, it grew in size and my eyes widened in glee. An owl.

   I opened my window and waited for it to land, I quickly backed up out of the way however, when I realised which bird it was. Errol. With a puff of feathers  he landed in the middle of the floor and laid flat on his back for a moment. I crouched down beside him and prodded him carefully.

"Please be alive." I pleaded, I sighed in relief when it suddenly jumped back to its feet and shook itself. I plucked the letter from its beak and he hopped back to the window and took off once again. Looking down at the envelope I smiled, it was from Ron. Prising it open I took out the folded parchment and began to read.

"Dear Anna, no I still haven't had any word from Harry, either. I have however been bombarded with letters from Hermione, to the point that Errol nearly had a heart attack from flying all my replies. I'm now limited to two letters a week." I chuckled, imaging the wide-eyed owl, flopping into the floor in front of Hermione a letter still clutched in his beak.

"Anyway, with only a few days left of the holidays, before we come back to Hogwarts. We're all getting excited for visiting Diagon, especially Ginny." I laughed, thinking of Ron's little sister. A ball of energy, constantly jumping around.

"I am worried about Harry though and between you and me, me, Fred and George are planning on going over to his to find out what's going on." I gasped, the Weasleys in Little Whinging, Surrey.

"So hopefully I'll see him soon and we'll see you at school. From Ron.

P.S. My mum's put a letter in with this, sorry." I chuckled and grabbed the discarded envelope, it was heavy and I looked inside. There lay a smaller envelope with a red ribbon. I pulled it out and placed it on my hand. I smiled as it sprung to life, folding and twisting into a mouth, it floated just off of my hand and turned to me.

"Dear, Anna." It begun and I immediately recognised the voice is Mrs Weasley or Molly.

"I hope you are well, poppet and that you've been getting yourself ready for the new school year. However, I thought I best ask. We are planning to head to Diagon Alley tomorrow, to allow a day before we have to be at Kings Cross. This is an invitation to you to join us on our annual trip and stay at our house until we ship the whole brood off to Hogwarts on the 1st of September." I smiled at how she made her children sound like chickens.

"You are most welcome to come to our home tonight and stay. As long as it is ok with Hagrid and of course Minerva. Lots of love, The Weasleys." I giggled, my eyes shining in excitement. Gripping the letter I quickly ran down stairs and through the barn. I sprinted across the wooden bridge and down the hill to Hagrid's shack. I halted at the front door and knocked loudly.

"Hagrid!" I called when there was no answer.

"Hagrid!" I continued to knock when the wooden door suddenly pulled open.