Chapter 15 ~ Tae

Taylor giggled as Rhett once again sighed in frustration. Bent down looking at the different types of bottle nipples, and struggling to tell the difference, his patience was running thin. She bit her lip to keep from giggling as he threw his hands up.

Rhett was doing all the looking while she stood watching over his shoulder holding Levi. He'd wanted to take control of their little trip to get it over with faster, but now, he was beginning to look defeated. He seemed to be realizing that shopping for baby items wasn't as easy as it had appeared.

Rhett looked up at her, frustration showing in his features.

"Are you going to stand there and laugh at me all night, or are you going to help me?" he asked.

He smiled crookedly to show he was only joking with his gruff tone, and she held a hand out to him. He stood stiffly, then stared at the baby when Taylor tried to hand him over. Finally, he groaned and moved to take Levi from her. Deciding the baby was safe enough for thirty seconds in the cowboy's arms, she scanned the shelf, then bent down to grab the smallest size of nipples. Rhett blew out a breath behind her.

"How do you know that those are right?"

Taylor giggled and shrugged.

"Well, he is only two weeks old, so we grab the smallest nipples," she explained. "Besides, he's tiny. I thought he was even younger than that when she handed him over to me. He obviously hasn't been in the best environment to thrive. Anyway, it's not your fault you couldn't read the packaging that said age and weight on it, you're a man."

She waved the package in his face and he rolled his eyes at her antics.

"Whatever," he gruffed. She laughed at patted his pouting cheek. "Now, what else do we need to get? Are we done yet?" he asked.

She smirked at his question. He was in for a long evening if he thought that they were done.

She pointed at the baby carriers and car seats on the next aisle.

"We'll be starting there since you'll be needing your hands, cowboy. You can't carry him around all day," she smirked at his bewildered expression.

They walked to the next aisle, Rhett walking even slower than his normal lope as to not disturb the baby, and she bent down to look at the first seat. Picking out one that she thought would best fit their needs, she stood with it in her arms.

"Wait, is that one going to be safer than the others?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Will one of the others keep him protected better in an accident?"

She raised her shoulders in a shrug. He appeared not to like her answer as he huffed and moved Levi over to his other side to squat down in front of the car seats.

"I've got this. I'll look through them all and see which one will be the best for Little Man," he said, focusing on his new task.

She laughed as she watched Rhett set Levi down in the carrier she had just sat down. He then started reading the previews of the ones still on the shelf. Levi sat in the carrier and cooed up at Rhett as he reviewed the car seats.

Taylor walked to the next aisle and loaded the buggy up with shower gels and lotions. She grabbed newborn diapers and sizes one and two before moving onto the clothes section. She sighed with joy as she began to look through the racks. Sifting through the zero-to-three months she came across a onesie that said 'cowboy like my daddy' she closed her eyes as she imagined Levi in it.

The want that filled her heart as she imagined a family with Rhett was strong. She wanted to be able to say that they were a family. She quickly put the onesie in the bottom of the buggy and covered it up. She picked a few more outfits out, then decided she should check on Rhett.