Chapter 10 ~ Tae

Taylor woke to the sound of Rhett cursing. She sat up in bed to see Rhett bent over holding his foot.

"Rhett? Are you all right?" she asked.

Her voice sounded rough from sleep. She cleared her throat and watched as Rhett hopped on one foot, still cursing.

"That damn, door. I hit my pinky toe on the doorjamb," he groaned.

She laughed as his face contorted with pain. He was still hopping on one foot in his sweatpants.

She threw a pillow at his bare chest.

"You woke me up for that?" she asked laughing.

He finally stopped hopping and looked over at her spread out on the bed.

"Oh, you think this is funny, huh?" he said stalking towards her. "I'm sorry I woke you up from your warm, cozy cocoon, princess."

She slid down deeper into the covers at the same time as he pulled them off of her.

"Aah," she squealed as the cool air hit her skin.

She glared at Rhett. She had been feeling great in her own little world before he ruined it. He flopped down on top of her. She groaned as his weight hit her.

His weight wasn't crushing her though, so she pulled her arms under him to use him as a blanket. Curling into his warm chest she sighed.

He was clearly comfortable, and she giggled.

"Man, I miss this bed," he said contentedly.

He pulled Taylor up so that he could slip his arms under her. Using her as a pillow, he got comfortable again.

"Oh, I forget that you're sleeping on the couch. Why don't we take turns? We can switch off every other night," she told the top of his head.

"Mm, that wouldn't be very gentleman-y of me," he said.

She rolled her eyes even though she knew he couldn't see it.

"Well, if you would have put a bed in the spare room, this wouldn't have happened would it?" she asked.

Rhett seemed to ignore her.

He shifted and laid his head on her stomach. '

"You make a great pillow, Tae," he said groggily.

She smacked his head and said, "What time is it, Rhett?"

He seemed to remember that he had come in to get dressed and looked up at her.

"It was four-forty-five when I looked at the clock a minute ago. We've got to get to the bunkhouse by five-forty-five," he said not moving from his place.

"Okay, so what you're saying is, you need to get up and get in the shower, right?" she asked him.

He shook his head on her middle, not giving her a vocal answer.

"Okay, then I'm taking a shower first," she said.

Instead of answering, he rolled over and pulled her with him.

"Rhetttt," I've got to get ready. It'll take me longer than you," she groaned.

He just pulled her on top of him.

"Nope. You're turning this room into an igloo. I don't have a shirt on, and it's freezing. You're warm. I'm using you as a blanket," he said nuzzling into her hair.

She laughed thinking about how she'd just done the same to thing to him.

"You have real blankets. Now, I'm getting in the shower. You