Book Two: Chapter 29

Roger removed his helmet, smelling metal everywhere. He hoped he would take another bath after the bloodbath he caused unintentionally.

Perhaps Hades's Bident shot so much quake power into Acrisius's body, the force expanded to escape, popping Acrisius in the process. It was messy, but it killed him.

"Hades?" The Furies approached Roger with confusion on their faces. It looked like Acrisius's control over them has faded away.

"Wait! You're not him!" Alecto hissed. "Where is he!"

Before Roger opened his mouth, four footsteps approached behind him.

"Stand down! He is with me!" Hade shouted, walking across the carnage with his wife. "And can someone please clean this place up? I don't want my feet covered in this shit!"

The Furies bowed and left the chamber in a hurry. They returned with mops and buckets from the corridor. They dumped water across the floor and immediately scrubbed it with their mops.

Based on their reaction, the Furies probably did more for Hades than protect him in the Underworld.

Hades gazed at Roger. "Well done, mortal. I doubted you could defeat Acrisius, but apparently, I was wrong about you. You did a fine job here."

Roger glared. "Well, you should be surprised. We, mortals, are not always weak. We can do anything to punish crime."

Hades pursed his lips. "Indeed....."

"Oh come on, darling." Persephone wrapped her arms around Hades's right arm. "This one did an excellent job. He is a hero!"

Roger smiled at her.

"Not a demigod hero," Hades mentioned with a shrug. "But he did save the Underworld."

"You damn right I did." Roger couldn't understand why the god of death still didn't sound very pleased. Did he want Roger to die so he could fight Acrisius himself? If Roger failed, Hades wouldn't win back his throne.

What an asshole! Roger wanted to shout that out, but dealing with Acrisius was enough. Besides, something more important flashed inside Roger's head.

He stared at the large crack. "Oh god! I almost forgot about Katina, Cilla, and Labda!"

"Where are they?" Persephone asked.

"Down there!"

"Then I will accompany you." Hades turned toward his wife. "You will help the Furies clean my throne chamber."

Persephone widened her eyes. "Why me?"

"Because it is a lady's job to keep the house clean."

Persephone rubbed her forehead. "You never changed."

*****

Roger raced down a staircase, leading him to a chamber beneath the throne room. Hades followed him while holding his lower robes up. "Slow down, mortal! You will make me trip!"

Roger annoyed him. He was more concerned about the Cerberus. If the god tripped, he could always get back up as if nothing happened.

Why is a god acting like he is fragile? Roger stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked around.

The chamber was enormous with towering Doric pillars, standing around like a forest across the marble floor tiles. Darkness colored the entire surrounding, except light shined down toward the center from the ceiling, just like a spotlight. That should be where the girls landed.

Roger rushed toward the center and found their body laying on a flat pile of rubble. Their back was on the rocks while their heads laid back with their tongues out. Eyes closed, which worried Roger.

He approached them and shook their right arm. "Girls! Girls! It's me! Wake up!"

None of them awaken to his call. His heart sunk inside his chest. "Are they....."

"Do not worry." Hades rested his hand on Roger's shoulder. "If they are dead, they wouldn't be here."

Roger sighed and continued to shake the girls' massive body. "Wake up!"

Their hand rose and swung toward him. Roger quickly ducked as their slap missed him.

"Who is trying to touch us!" Katina roared, raising her head up.

Cilla rose her head next, smiling at Roger with surprise in her eyes. "Roger!"

She grabbed him and squeezed him against her chest. "We are so sorry for attacking you! It wasn't our fault!"

"Hey! You are squeezing him against our boobs!" Katina shouted.

Labda opened her eyes, blushing at Roger's face. "Oh, mine!"

Roger couldn't move, and his head was literally between the girls' large breasts. Warm and soft like giant pillows, but they would felt better if Cilla wasn't crushing his body.

"Ahem!" Hades coughed.

When the girls noticed him, they released Roger and bowed down before the god of death.

"Oh lord, Hades," Labda spoke with her head down. "Forgive us if we-"

"No need for your apology." Hades rubbed Labda's head. "It wasn't your fault when Acrisius took control over you. You should thank your mortal for slaying him."

Cilla gazed at Roger. "Is that true?"

Roger held up the bident while holding the helmet in his other arm. "It was messy, but I brought the bastard to justice."

Katina smirked. "Well, I'll be damn."

"You are amazing, Roger!" Cilla cheered.

"Indeed he is," Labda agreed.

"Now before you explain every to me," said Hades, "we still have a mess to clean up in the Underworld. After you get your bearings, I want-"

A green blast struck Hades and flashed before Roger's eyes. On the floor, a black sofa rested on the floor where Hades stood, sizzling in smoke.

The Cerberus immediately jumped to their feet.

"What the Hades?" Katina shouted.

Someone laughed until she stepped out from behind a column.

"Do you like the sssofa?" Medusa asked, holding up the scepter. "He isss a lazy god."

Roger pointed his finger at her. "Is that-"

"The Ssscepter of Power?" Medusa smiled. "I took it from the vault. Hadesss ssshould never keep his precioussss toysss in the sssame place."

"But I thought I destroyed it!"

Medusa chuckled. "All relicsss from the Underworld returnsss to the vault after you dessstory them. Hadesss jussst like keeping his collectionsss intact."

"You won't be intact after we kick your green ass back to the Tartarus!" Katina roared and charged toward the snake-haired woman.

Medusa aimed her scepter. "Foolisssh, beassst."

After she blasted the scepter, a blue swirling vortex appeared in front of the Cerberus. The same portal that sent the hellhound to Earth.

Medusa widened her eyes. "No! Not again!"

The portal sucked both of them into its bright vortex.

Roger placed the Helm of Darkness back on and gripped the bident. "Hold on! I'm coming!"

He sprinted into the portal, just before the vortex vanished in the blink of an eye. Only the black sofa remained behind, inside Hades's palace.