Pros And Cons Of The Mafia.

(2nd Edit)

𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

After Valentino, Damen and their father left, Sadie, Riley and I stayed at the infirmary. I was still on the floor with Sadie and my crying hadn't ceased either. The fear wasn't gone and neither was the anger I felt towards Valentino. How could he do this to a girl? He choked me and then dropped me on the floor like I was a piece of worthless garbage. Is this how they treated women here? And Sadie? She was Damen's wife and Valentino's sister-in-law.

Oh right, sorry. Her name wasn't Sadie, it was Sabrina.

Feeling betrayed, I rose shakily to my feet, wiping my eyes and straightening my rumpled dress.
"Jasmine be careful, let us help you," Sadie offered as she too rose and put her arm around my shoulder to support me.

I angrily moved away from her and started off down the hall.
"Jas, what's wrong? Why are you acting like this?" I heard the hurt in her voice but continued walking.
"Jasmine wait, let us help you, your ankle is still hurt. You could do serious damage if you walk on it," Sadie rushed after me and tried once more to help but I shook my head, refusing her.

"You lied to me Sadie!" I said as more tears rushed to my eyes. "You're in the Mafia? Your name is Sabrina? How could you do this to me? I thought you were my friend!"
"I am your friend Jasmine. That's why I didn't tell you about my life. I wanted to protect you," she said sadly. "I didn't want to involve you in all this, it's a dangerous life, being in the Mafia. There are too many risks, too many dangers and secrets."

Riley had taken off her doctor's coat and was walking alongside us. She let her hair out of the bun and looked so casual she could've passed off as a normal everyday civilian, but no. She was also in the Mafia. Like Sadie. My best friend.

"Sabrina wanted to protect you Jasmine. She didn't want you to be mixed up in this life when you had your own life to pursue. You're young and you have a bright future ahead of you. This is our life, we were born into this, there's nothing more for us," Riley said. "You're innocent and don't deserve to be tainted with such things."

"My real name is Sabrina Guerrero, I was born into a crime family from London. My parents married me off to Damen when I was sixteen since they were in debt to Mr Guerrero and they needed a way to repay him. So he offered to get me married to his son in exchange for clearing the debt my father owed," Sadie explained as we rounded a corner and walked down another hall.

"You were sixteen when you married Damen?" I asked shockingly.
"The oldest you can get married is sixteen. Damen and I had a rough start in the first few months of our marriage, I was kinda used to the life of the Mafia and I knew what was expected of me. but that didn't stop me from rebelling," she giggled.

"When Sabrina came here she really made everyone squirm. Damen was never a patient one and tried to tame her, but it was she who tamed him," Riley chuckled.
"In time I fell in love with him, and learned to embrace who I was. I accepted my new status with open arms. He's my whole world."

"As romantic as that sounds it's not exactly my cup of tea, letting some man dominate me and control my life. I don't want to stay here, I want to go home," I said folding my arms across my chest.
"Home? You call that shitty apartment your home? Mrs Ross made your life hell, your dick of a boyfriend cheated on you, your boss fired you and you're struggling to make ends meet," Sadie said angrily. "You can't go back to Colombia because Valentino won't allow it. Neither will his father."

"Do you expect me to stay here and serve at their feet? To bow down to them and become their personal whore?" I scoffed.
"No Jasmine, Valentino doesn't expect that of you. All he asks of you is your respect, your loyalty. He cares for our family and will do anything to protect us," Riley gently corrected me.