Chapter 3

Daniel and Samantha entered the building. It was a small waiting room with a couple of other people sitting in chairs, waiting to go into the dining room. Near the door to the dining room was a counter where a waitress stood in place. They approached the waitress. "Hi what can I do you for?" asked the waitress. "We have reservations for tonight." "Okay, who's it under?" "Daniel Perkins, booth for two." The waitress turned on her tablet device that is attached to the counter. She looked at the tablet to find that Daniel did make reservations. "Come with me sir" She opened the doors behind her, Daniel followed her while he carried Samantha.

The room was packed with people. Tables were filled in the middle of the room with the booths on the side of the walls. The floors were brown hardwood, while the walls were white ceramic tiles with paintings on them. In the ceiling were big chandeliers that were made out of tinted purple glass.

They approached an empty booth. The booth had menus on the table, as well as salt and ketchup on the table. "Here you go guys, I'll be back in a bit with your waters." "Thanks again" Daniel replied. Daniel placed Samantha on the other side of the booth, then Daniel sat on the opposite side of Samantha. The waitress came back with their waters when she noticed Samantha. She found Samantha quite weird-looking. He hunched over the table with his head. The waitress noticed that his arms were quite small. She approached the table again, "Sir is that your service animal?" "You mean my beauty angel of service? why of course." "Okay then......Here are your waters, and I will be back to take your orders". The waitress slowly walked from the booth wondering who they were exactly and wondered if this is some type of lost bet or something.

"I'm not quite sure why she treated you like that. But I have you know; you will always be my angel. Now What are we having for dinner, I'm really excited!". Daniel opened the menu and is amazed by all the pictures of Mexican food on them. Samantha opened the menu with his teeth, being very careful about not ripping it. He took one look at the spicy bean burrito. Samantha made his decision; he wanted the spicy bean burrito.

Suddenly, the waitress came back into the dining room with a woman right beside her. The waitress pointed towards the booth to where Daniel and Samantha were. The woman then approached the booth.

"Sorry I'm late, had to get gas for my car." The woman then sat on the side where Samantha was. "uhhhh......" Daniel was confused about who this was. The woman found Daniel's reaction quite strange. She then looked right beside her to where Samantha was. She jumped out of the booth faster than a speeding train at the sight of Samantha. "What is that!" The woman pointed towards Samantha. "Uhh...my date" "Daniel are you stupid, I'm Samantha remember?" Daniel was puzzled. Samantha the Alligator stared at the other Samantha nonchalantly. "But you met me at the house." "No, I didn't, we texted about meeting at the restaurant. Did you forget?" There is a pause for ten seconds. Daniel looked over to Samantha the Alligator, then looked at the real Samantha. "But my date is right here. You may have the same name, but I love this Samantha, she gets me you know. We just have this bond where we just.... get you know." Samantha the human looked at Samantha the Alligator. Samantha the human was furious at Daniel. "Daniel that's an alligator, are you this stupid." "Are you body shaming my woman?" Samantha the human was dumbfounded. "I can't believe this." Samantha the human stormed out of the restaurants with visible, quiet rage.

Daniel put his head down at the table. He then got a pill from his pocket and swallowed it up in a hurry. He then picked his head off the table. "Almost lost my cool there"

The waitress came back to the booth. "Are you guys ready to order?" "Yes, we are. Samantha, you can go first." Samantha the Alligator hit his head on the picture of the spicy bean burrito. "A spicy bean burrito alright...And you sir?" "I'll have what she's having." The waitress gave Daniel a weird look. She then wrote down the orders and picked up the menus from the table and left.

"You know Samantha, I think I already told you this, but you mean a whole lot to me." Samantha stared at the water the waitress gave him. "That woman there we just talked to, I had to deal with those types of guys my entire life." "I did nothing to them, and in return, they tease me, called me names, I just minded my own business." There is a pause. Daniel took a breath, "It made me think, am I trash just for existing; I got no clue." "Because of this, I had no friends.... until you." Daniel took a sip of his water. He continued, "I'm glad I met you; you make me happy and forgot about all the things I had to dig up in my past. I had to deal with those problems myself, it was hard for me. And you are one of the most beautiful ladies I ever laid my eyes on. Thank you for coming with me and understanding." Daniel then cracked a smile at Samantha. "I love you!" Samantha tried to drink the water that the waitress gave him. He ended up breaking the glass with his teeth.

After some time, the waitress came back with the spicy bean burritos. "Enjoy guys" The waitress put the bean burritos on the table and left. "Oh boy here I go!" Daniel grabbed the bean burrito and took a big bite out of it. After a second, he jumped with pain. "AHHHH HOT HOT!" Daniel drank down his entire glass in one gulp. He then smacked his fist on the table repeatedly. Samantha grabbed the entire burrito with his teeth, he ate in one bite. He then stared at Daniel's pain.

While Samantha stared at Daniel, he thought about how good the burrito was. It tasted like beans combined with cheese with added spice he barely tasted, with a small number of onions on it. He thought about Samantha the human for a quick second. He had no opinion on her, just like the others before Daniel. Samantha ate the entirety of his bean burrito with ease.

Danielhad calmed down; his spicy problem was no more. "Woah, talk about hot or what?But I think this is too much, even for me. I'm going to bring it home." The waitresscame around, "Do you guys need anything else, or you good to go?" Daniel lookedat the waitress. "I will be taking my food home; I would like to pay now""Alright follow me then." Daniel got up from the booth. He picked up Samanthaand followed the waitress. The waitress led them to the front counter back inthe waiting room. The waitress looked into her tablet, "Your total will betwenty-one dollars and forty-five cents" Daniel dropped Samantha on the floorbriefly to get something out of his left shoe. Daniel put his hand into hisleft shoe and pulled it out with a handful of old smelly one-dollar bills. Heput the bills on the counter. The waitress looked at Daniel with disgust.