03

It was a long ride for you and your brother to return to the city. Both you and mark are jamming into some music that's reshuffled in your playlist.

I am happy that big bro is by my side

You look at your brother jamming into the music. He's tapping his fingers on his stirring wheel smiling, and nodding his head through every beat of the song.

Seeing him this happy, makes me want to feel even more happier.

The relationship with your brother is something else than your parents. He is quite of a protective person, with a tactical mind, but a strong heart. He would work his hardest to keep you happy especially having you the best experience in college.

It was tough time for mark during his college years. And He doesn't want you to go through that painful experience that he had before.

You look at him with a caring smile. The song ended a few minutes ago while he caught you dazing off again.

"You okay there? You've been dazing off lately." he questioned you while stirring the wheel.

"Ahh nothing...It's just some things I remembered." you said.

"Things about what? Are they good ones?" he asked.

"They're even. But it doesn't matter." you turned your head to look out the window.

I just remembered some shitty things that you had gone through the past. I know some of it and I can feel you are hiding those things away from mom and dad.

You make me want to tear up right now. But I don't wanna break the mood.

You shed a small tear while looking out the window seeing the tall skyscrapers shining as the sun arises.

You wiped the tear using the side of your arm, hiding it away from mark. You wanted to make sure about yourself that he is living his life much better now.

"Looks like we gotta stop by at the gas station for a while." he cuts off the silence.

"I gotta refill this buddie right here." he taps on the empty sign on his dashboard.

"...you still awake y/n?"

"Yeah yeah I'm awake." you replied.

"Sure sure go ahead." you took your phone out and scroll through your feed.