01

"Aunt Poe! can I have six pieces of spanish bread please~" you yelled out the service window of your aunt's bakeshop.

This is the time. The last time. You are spending time here in your hometown. A place that gave you relaxation and stress-free most of the time away from the city and public places.

"Pack those into two bags! Thank you~" you showed a finger of 'two' signaling her to understand the right way to pack those hot buns.

You are waiting outside your brother's car leaning at the car door, where your brother's driving as you are patiently waiting for your favorite bfast snack...

Spanish bread

Hell yes! My delicious goodies~ come to mama~

"Freshly baked from the oven sweetie~" Aunt Poe hands them to you a plastic bag that is packed into papers bags. Two packs to be exact.

"You know I put extra sweetie," she winks at you.

Ughh extra is de best thankk youu

"No paying. It's on the house." she smiles widely.

"Thank you Aunty! You know I can count on you." both you and Aunt Poe fist bump together.

You are taking short conversations with Aunt Poe, who has been taking care of you for a long time. Every time when arriving to hometown just for a vacation, she surely wants you to feel welcome to her home.

Although your parents wanted to see what's going on with life, but they couldn't reach out to check up on you due to overload of errands in the hospital.

"I'm sorry I have to leave you again." you pouted at her.

"Don't worry y/n, I'm fine here. You should be telling them that you're leaving." she said.

Tch you mean my parents? They wouldn't give me time anymore.

"I'll tell them soon."

They would never answer...ever.

"Okay sweetie, call me if there is any help you need." she walks back to her bakeshop and signaled a wave.

"Thanks again for the spanish breads!" you walk back to the side of the passenger's seat and waved back at Aunt Poe.

You enter back in the car with the air con switched on and patiently waiting for your brother.

Mark Tuan