March 15, 1630

March 15, 1630

The last few days have been calm. The sea of continuous headaches have toned down its atrocious tidal waves and reached a sense of tranquility. Of course the waves are still here and present, constantly rocking my boat, but I've gotten used to it like how seamen develop sea legs which gives them the capability to live out on the sea. Sensitive and unpredictable. One change in the weather can shape its tides drastically, a simple flip of a fin can affect the sea but on the surface we wouldn't see it.

These peaceful days have allowed me to gather my loose thoughts in a neat and orderly pile while spending time with the people I love. Besides spending most nights and days with Yami I've gone to visit my grandmother over these past 2 weeks. She lives with my parents in my hometown. I would say that my grandmother is definitely the calmest, charismatic, and caring person in all of the multiple universes that might be out there. Out of experience I can say that she knows what to do in every situation. Just her presence can emit a sense of serenity to anyone within a 50 mile radius. She's old but wise.

If I were forced to introduce Yami to someone in my family I would definitely choose my grandma because she's understanding. She's also been pushing me for the past 3 years to go out and find someone like my parents but she didn't try to secretly arrange a marriage for me because supposedly the Roselei blood line must continue no matter what. I honestly don't mind carrying the bloodline but I want to go at my own pace, I don't want or need my parents forcing some guy with money down my throat. I'd much rather prefer Yami forcing himself down my throat rather than a feeble man trying to get into my pants or my family's fame and riches. I adore my parents and all but they need to quit worrying about the prosperity of our name and focus on other things besides finding me a spouse. Maybe they should focus on our hometown or our butlers and maids.

Two days ago I told my grandma about this and she laughed. It's a bit freaky how her loud but genuine laugh hasn't changed one bit since the day of my birth. It might even be longer than that to be honest. My grandma isn't afraid of disturbing others nor is she afraid of what other nobles might think of her. She's emphatic, fearless, and a bit of a daredevil. If I get too anxious to do something my grandma will be there to do it with me. She'll be there to give me that extra push of encouragement and she does it with a loud insistent energy which weirdly pairs well with her ongoing serene spirit. Strangely, Yami reminds me of her even though he's huge and buff while my grandma is a frail lady with bony fingers.

When I told grandma about what I think my parents should be focusing on instead of my love life she laughed and took a sip of tea in her porcelain-white teacup that had fancy dark blue and red roses detailing the rim. I gave her that teacup for her 76th birthday four years ago. I'm surprised she still has it but I guess I shouldn't have thought less of her, grandmas will always keep little gadgets from their grandchildren for as long until they live.

She told me this, "Lotte, you are correct. But they're parents, of course they'll worry about their little girls heart. This is only the calm before the storm, Lotte. You'll have to introduce him to them and lord, I wish you the best of luck."

She. Freaking. Knew.

Do you know how embarrassing it is to be caught by your grandma? Of all the people to speculate that I have a boyfriend my grandma comes in for the clutch. I tried to trick her into thinking that she's wrong and that I'm still single but apparently grandmas have some sort of secret talent of knowing when their granddaughters aren't 'pure' anymore.

Here's what I told her, "Grandma, you can't possibly think I'm with someone. Let alone a man? I am single and I'll always be that way."

And here is what she said, I quote, "Lotte, face it. You're no longer a virgin. Your skin looks like it's been lathered in loving kisses and your entire soul seems much more loose," unquote.