March 1, 1630

March 1, 1630

Today, at the captains meeting, Rill asked if I could chaperone him to an art convention that was being held in his hometown. He explained that he wanted someone to be there to witness his biggest piece of artwork be displayed in this vast and famous art exhibit in Clover Kingdom. I won't lie, it was a bit weird of him to ask me to visit and not his relatives however I was flattered. No way could I say no to that ball of excitement. Even though he's extremely childish at times he's very friendly with everyone in the guild.

When I agreed to attend the event he bursted out with a light laughter and gave me a big loving hug. Goodness he's so precious. In embarrassment of being hugged in public my face was flushed with a warm heat while my arms awkwardly wrapped themselves around Rill. His elated giggles filled my ears then he pulled away and waved goodbye then happily skipped across the room we were in leaving me with a subtle smile.

Rill's a nice guy. At the end of his short hops he placed himself in the middle of Yami and Jack who were bickering about some alcohol drink. Being placed amongst them Rill looked like a small local-restaurant building placed right in between tall, lean towers. Despite the vague height differences Rill still kept up his childish behavior even when Jack rudely jeered at his irresponsibility as a captain (even though Jack himself is very much irresponsible and older than Rill).

The group of three occasionally bursted out into loud laughter which was accompanied with Rill launching forwards due to the harsh pats on the back from Yami. They looked like they were having fun. I kind of wanted to join them because even though talking with the others about taxes is fun and all Yami's group sounded more energetic than taxes. My head turned to look at them longingly with ears leaning towards the loud group trying to follow them on what they discussed.

They bursted out into laughter again and it was Jack's turn to punch Rill, Rill giggled at the punch and rubbed the side of his arm. Yami looked up from the tiny child in front of him and our eyes immediately locked on to each other. For a few seconds rough waves of electricity flew through the air between us and tingled our senses. His dark, pitch black eyes sent static that had a dark and mysterious tone with a hint of rebellion to it. The current flickered every little system of my body. My cheeks grew hot and like metal to heat my lips couldn't help but curl up into a smile.

The corners of his mouth twitched upwards in response and for a second everything around us dispersed into flames, leaving us alone with this hot tension that suddenly made things intimate. But only for a second because with a frightening touch on my shoulder from Dorothy -who was suddenly awake- extinguished the warm feeling. She wanted to talk with me about things other than important adult stuff.

The tiny tap of her tiny fingers felt like cold cold ice. The bone-chilling touch caused a reaction in my tired muscles to yelp and jump in surprise. She gave me her kind smile and hooked herself onto my arm to gradually persuade me away from the talk of Magic Knights and to a more girly-topic.

"So, how are things going with you-know-who?" She leaned towards Yami's direction giving a flirty look towards him then passing it to me. Miss Dorothy is a tiny woman with lavender hair that's cut short and curled in fun little coils like her personality.

She's a witch -daughter of the Witch Queen- even though she's considered a fugitive in her home country. As an insignia of her bloodline she wears an enormous pink Witches Hat that's much too big for her tiny head even though it still manages to hold up without flopping in front of her face. On the base of her hat it's garnished with green and purple forestry. In my opinion she's adorable. If it weren't for the fact that she's always asleep, and when she wasn't dozing off she's as awake as a squirrel who's had a taste of caffeine, every boy in the kingdom would be head over heels for her.