January 31, 1630

January 31, 1630

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday. Doctor Owen had done a final check up on me. Everything was in order, bones were all fixed, muscles repaired, limbs intact. I was pristine, according to Doctor Owen, polished up like an expensive ring. A ring that cost a million bucks. So why didn't I feel like that?

It's been a month and a half. Everyday from the start was filled with sleeping, daily checkups, and sweet visits from Yami. I should be well rested by now so why did I still feel like crap?

I massaged the bridge of my nose. My head was hurting badly yesterday. I walked down the white tiled hallway. Doctors and nurses bustling through the two-way hallway hurrying to get to their next patient.

Yesterday I was dressed in my usual attire. My signature blue cape, a black and white top with matching tights. Brown shorts over them with silver, polished heels. I didn't wear my armor because one, it was too heavy at the moment, and two I didn't have a reason to wear it.

It was supposed to be an easy day yesterday. Head back to the headquarters and do piles of paperwork, tedious but simple. I was coming up to Yami's room, the door was wide open. A part of me wanted to check up on him again though another part of me, the responsible party, reminded me that I still had a full day ahead of me.

I could always visit later on in the week. It was a rational compromise that my responsible self proposed, however all the other parts of me refused it. They all ganged up on me acting like mothers. They all worried over Yami, making up incredibly preposterous situations where I wouldn't be able to visit him anymore.

You know that uneasiness that forms in your stomach because you thought about the bad things of a situation; like when you're going to sleep after watching a scary movie, you know none of those things are real but yet your stomach turns. Or like the day before your grade school graduation. Your mind makes up these absurd scenarios that make your stomach turn in vain. Right then my mind made up scenarios about Yami being taken away by a demon.

My feet froze as more of these ridiculous ideas filled my head. In a matter of a few steps my mind had to stop their quarreling and make a decision. This was a critical choice that needed to be made in a matter of seconds. If I didn't choose the right one then for sure my life would be ruined.

The sun's time in the sky was starting to run out and so was mine, my feet started to move. I was 3 steps away from the doorframe. Then 2 steps. Then 1 1/2 steps. And then it was zero steps away.

I was prepared to talk to Yami, my chest broadened up as I prepared myself to step foot into his room.

However my feet were on autopilot, they walked right past the entrance of the door and instead of walking into the room I slammed into the wall next to it. I must be sick or something, my senses must've dulled during the fight. How is it even possible for a Magic Knights Captain to do that!! How shameful, bumping into a wall. All the doctors and mages had to witness me do that.

My body stuck to the wall like a sticky note. I plucked myself off of the popcorn wall. Everyone in the hall had slowed down and stared at me for a few seconds before heading on their merry way like nothing happened. Now the bridge of my nose really did need a massage, maybe even a medical exam to check if there were any broken parts. I silently corrected my way back into the room, hand massaging my sore nose and forehead.

"Pfft, are you ok? You banged into that wall like it was my face or something," Yami joshed from his bed with an impressed look that was most likely satirical contrary to its looks. In return my eyes rolled--which wasn't a good idea because it spiked up the pain in my headache--and my lips refrained from curling up at his remarks.

Over the past month I've found a method of getting through his annoying jeers, it was at least 70% effective. First you roll your eyes as far back as you can, making it as dramatic as possible, and then you scoff it off. The eye roll is made to cover up my excitement and nervousness that might show up on my cheeks or face and the scoff is a way to keep my actions in check. Of course a squeak or random babbling may come out for the other 30% but it is the most effective way of making sure I don't make a fool of myself.

I followed the protocol and sat down on the stool that waited for me patiently next to his bed. The sunlight came in from all of the windows, illuminating the room in every corner. I folded my arms on my lap, trying to look cool and calm while my forehead felt like it was it's own heart. Bulging and beating, I did not need two hearts to worry about. The headache was getting worse and the red bump on it didn't help.

"I'm fine, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking," That was true, the many sides of my mind were bickering with each other which steered my attention somewhere that wasn't my path.

"Mhm, strange. You're always so perfect, I wonder what's going on in your head?," he queried as he perched his chin on the back of his hand. I tried to not make eye contact with his piercing eyes, they shined with persistence as he continued to stare. He waited longer, I wondered if he'll wait as long as it takes.

"Nothing, just stuff your brawny brain wouldn't understand," I covered for myself as I gave him a smug side look. It was a pretty smart-ass answer and I was proud of myself for it. His eyebrow perked up at my reply and his subtle smile turned into a smirk.

"Ah, really now? Nice to know you recognize my brawns, Princess," he said heartily as his hands wrapped around mine and pulled me into his chest.

He seized me with light butterfly kisses that tickled. A few weeks ago I would've combusted underneath his hold but I think I've gotten used to some of his tricks. Most of his tricks were light and quick while some were subtle. Those ones lingered more. Then there were other types where he would force the mood to be hot and heavy. Those were the ones that I haven't had time to adjust to. But lord, any trick he did would momentarily take me off of my feet.

His kisses were ticklish and I giggled a little at them, trying to push his face away. I tried to be serious and calm but he was able to quickly unravel my spool of coldness. Leaving me and my emotions bare and out in the open for anyone to see. Only a month and a half with him and he knows just the right way to treat me.

On the other hand today was a boring day. I went to visit Yami again but he wasn't there. I met Nozel's youngest sibling in his room. She had long silver hair that were tied up into two pigtails that flowed down to her mid back. She and Nozel looked alike in some ways, their hair had the same shade of silver. Their eyes also matched in color. However the shape of their eyes were different, you could clearly tell. Nozels eyes were sharper at the end and Noelles were more rounder. They were kinder than Nozel's--not saying he isn't kind--Not only were their appearance different but you could sense a difference in their personality. Noelle was definitely less confident than Nozel but she was able to talk for herself. She was a lot more friendlier than him as well.

"Are you here for Captain Yami?," the young girl asked.

"Yes, do you know where he is?," I asked. I scanned the room like Yami was hiding but he wasn't.

"He went to do some tests."

Of course he went to do tests, the only time I had time off for the day. I said my farewells to Noelle and moved on from the room. I must've looked really disappointed because Noelle came running for me once I walked away.

"I can tell him a message for you if you want," she offered eagerly. I smiled at her, she was a nice girl. I wished Nozel had given her to me rather than the Black Bulls. She definitely would've climbed up the ranks quickly.

"Uh, sure. Tell him that I won't be able to visit tomorrow," I said, taking advantage of the opportunity.

Tomorrow I had to help out around the kingdom. Although it's been a month, the Kingdom was in bad shape. We were in shambles and to be honest the other neighboring Kingdoms were the same. I said goodbye to Noelle and started to head back to my headquarters.

The headache from yesterday had died down. Though it still lingered, maybe I wasn't drinking enough water. Today sucked, I wish I had a chance to see Yami today. Cuddles sound nice as well...

I'm being too soft and mushy right now but I really do wish that I had forgotten about my work today and waited for Yami's return. Maybe this headache would've been abolished.