Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

"Ben, can you hurry up?" Hunter drawled. "Janelle is expecting me to pick her up in 10 minutes."

"Just a second, I can't find the right one," I said.

"Why didn't you just ask Trevor? He'd know what book to look for!" Hunter groaned.

Yes, I was in a book store.

Looking at books.

Books to learn sign language, to be more specific. After being convinced by the girls that I should be able to communicate with my mate, I dragged Hunter to find something.

"Because he'd just tell me to go for that one," I said, pointing at the 'Sign Language for Dummies' edition of the series. "Not because it would help, but because he thinks I'm stupid."

Hunter snorted. I just glared at him. "The faster I find a book, the faster you can get to Janelle."

That made him stop laughing. He picked up the three books I was comparing and shoved them in my arms.

"Get them all!" he said, and dragged me to the counter. I laughed at how eager he suddenly was and paid for the books.

We climbed into Hunter's Range Rover and he drove me home (Over the speed limit might I add).  After he practically pushed me out of the vehicle, I walked inside the house and went to my bedroom.

Plopping myself onto my bed, I picked up a book and flipped open to the beginning.

Chapter 1:

What is ASL?

American Sign Language is most commonly used in deaf communities in the United States and English-speaking parts of Canada.

I flipped ahead in the book a few pages, missing the history of ASL wouldn't hurt anyone.

Chapter 4.

Phrases and Questions

Now that you have successfully learned the alphabet, it comes time to learn to have a real conversation. Of course, you will not spell out every word as 'C-A-T', so we will show you how to do so.