THIRTY-FOUR

•THIRTY-FOUR•
Matthew

One year later

I tap my leg anxiously under the table and look around the restaurant.

The waiter that lead me to the table gives me a small smile as he walks past, his eyes falling to the empty seat in front of me.

I've been here by myself for ten minutes.

Maybe I should get up and leave. The nerves are too much.

"I'm leaving, Matthew. To America."

"W-What?" I whisper, stumbling back a little. "You can't leave, Mara."

"I'll only be gone for a year. I think this will be good for me." I clench my jaw and look away from her.

"And what about me? What about us?" I question her and she sighs, reaching up to stroke my cheek, a small smile on her face. "I need you, stay here with me, Amara."

Her hand slowly drops from my face.

"I need this, Matthew. I promise you this break will be worth it, I'm not ending things with you." I scoff at her words and she tilts her head.

"Well it fucking feels like it." I mumble and step away from her. My eyes begin to water and I clench my eyes shut.

I can't be without my girl for a whole year.

"We can keep in contact with each ot-"

"I'm sorry to cut you off, baby, but we were barely in any contact for these past three months. You honestly think we'll be able to do a year. Especially with you across the fucking Atlantic Ocean!" I throw my arms up in the air, beginning to feel frustrated.

"We can try. It's been hard, Matthew, remember how we got here in the first place." My heart falls a little at the reminder. "If you don't want to stay in contact that's fine but I'm still going."

"What if you meet someone?" I grimace at my question, not really wanting to know the answer.

She laughs lightly and shakes her head. "I don't want anyone else. Do you trust me?" I nod my head instantly.

"Always."

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder." She steps closer to me and I don't move away. "I love you." Amara whispers and my heart warms.

"And I love you, forever." I pull her into a tight hug and bury my face into the crook of her sweet smelling neck. "I'll wait for you, if that's what you want."

"This is only the beginning for you and I. I promise it will all be worth it." She then leans up to kiss my cheek.

I smile and so does she.

Fresh start.

•••

"Matthew, stop staring at my breasts." Amara laughs on the other side of the camera. I groan and lean my head back against the pillow.

It's been nine months since she left for America and to say I'm sexually frustrated would be an understatement. Every time we FaceTime she looks so good.

"I'm getting tired of my hand, baby." I whine and hear her angelic laugh.

"Shut up, Matthew. You were a virgin for thirty years and you literally got off a couple minutes ago." She smiles, buttoning up her blouse and I smirk but throw her a playful glare.

"How have you been, baby?" I question and happily listen when she begins to tell me about her week.

"Bo's new girlfriend is nice. Loud but nice, they are probably at it every night. I went and bought some earplugs the other day." I chuckle, shaking my head.

"We could of been at it every night if you had stayed here in England with me." I raise my eyebrows, holding my hands up and she playfully rolls her eyes.

"I'll be home in three months."

"Home with me? Like we planned." She nods her head and I relax a little.

"Have you visited Khye lately?" She bites her lip.

"He's doing well, baby, stop worrying. I saw him a couple days ago, they're saying he might be able to come out in the next month or two." Amara's smile brightens.

"That's amazing."

You're amazing.

I gaze at her lovingly and I watch her shy away.

"Matthew stop it." She hides her face behind a pillow and I laugh.

"Show me your pretty face, baby." I tease.

"I'm gonna hang up."

"Not until you help me get rid of this." I point down to my erection and her eyes widen.

"Again!"

•••

"A week!" I exclaim down the phone, feeling frustrated. "Baby, you were suppose to be coming home tomorrow." I run my hands down my face and take a seat on the bed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know they were going to cancel my flight and then reschedule it for the following week. I'm just as annoyed as you are, Matthew." She sighs.

"I miss you too fucking much for this. I can't go another week, I'm sorry." I search for my laptop, switching it on and begin to look for flights to New York tonight.

"What do you mean, Matthew?.....Matthew you're worrying me."

"I'll call you back."

I don't care if it's just a week, I've gone without this girl for a whole year. If she can't come to me, then I'll go to her.

Simple.

•••

And that's how I now find my self anxiously waiting in this expensive restaurant. When I sent Amara a text message telling her that I had a surprise for her she was extremely confused.

I sent her the address to the restaurant. She thinks she's coming here to pick something up even though I told her to dress up.

I look back at the entrance and then at my watch.

She should of been here fifteen minutes ago.

The sound of the door opening grabs my attention and I lose my breath when I see my girl step through the door. She's dressed all in red, her dress hugging her hour glass figure perfectly.

She looks around the restaurant in confusion until her eyes land on mine.

Her mouth falls open.

Then a huge smile etches onto her face before she's rushing over and jumping into my arms.

"Matthew!" She cries into my neck.

I close my eyes, embracing her tightly.

"Fuck it feels so good having you in my arms." I whisper breathlessly and she tightens her arms around me in response.

"I've missed you so much." She sniffles, pulling away. I reluctantly place her back on her feet but keep my arms wrapped around her.

She looks up at me with tears falling down her cheeks, so I reach up and wipe them away with the pad of my thumbs before placing a kiss on the tip of her nose.

"You were right." She furrows her eyebrows.

"About what?"

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

A/N
Not long till the end😢💜