12 / Epilogue

"Lee?" Laurens said coming into my tent. I rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"Listen, I just want to talk about yesterday..." he muttered softly. I turned my back to him and kept working on my letter.

"You can't keep fucking ignoring me," he said. I turned around and looked him up and down. He looked like he had barely slept last night and there were a few days old hickeys littering his neck.

"Yes I fucking can. You said I wasn't a side piece, but it was obvious after yesterday that I was," I said.

"...Was? You never were," Laurens tried defending. I scoffed, and made sure it was heard.

"I was blown off so much and you pushed me so you and Hamilton could be alone," I said while rolling my eyes.

"Because you left with Burr, I thought you left me without a word," he said. I kept a straight face, trying not to show that I'd drop everything for him in a split second.

"I was going to have him take Hamilton back to camp if you weren't about to do that," I said.

"You seriously can't be upset about me hanging out with Alex. I don't get mad at you for being around Burr," Laurens said.

"No, I'm fucking upset you didn't deny that you fucked Hamilton instead of keeping our promise last week," I said. I felt calm. I thought I would be angry and yell, but I couldn't. I felt calm. Surreal, almost.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get caught up with him," Laurens said. I almost scoffed again, but held it back.

"I don't need your excuses," I said. I ignored everything after that until he left.

~~

I haven't gotten with anyone after that. I couldn't, I didn't deserve anyone. Simple matter of fact. About 3 months ago, Burr told me I should move up to New York. It seemed like a good idea, so I did. I haven't heard much of Hamilton lately, though he made a name of himself a while back. I shook him from my head as I headed to Burr's place. I bumped into someone tall and muttered an apology. I glanced up to see if the person noticed my apology. My fuck, he's hot. Someone else was holding his arm and I quickly realized they were a couple.

"It's fine! Where are you going?" the person asked. He had an accent I couldn't quite place. I muttered some gibberish and began to rush to Burr's place. The couple didn't question me as I hurried away. As I walked away, I couldn't help but think about the person. I couldn't believe it.

This couldn't be happening. I can't be falling for someone. Well, I mean, falling in love seems nice. But no, this is with someone who's taken. This someone is already in love.

and the rest is only really known by vi and me , but its really not needed to be written out -