This is Not Good

Amara Roswell was an exceptional wizard and a great human being. Sure she may have been a little mischievous, but she was smart and powerful. Amara's mother had left when she was a baby with no one but her abusive father. He hadn't always been like that. It was just one day... something inside of him broke and he had started to hit her. Amara's father died only a few years after she had graduated from Hogwarts. When he died, she inherited a bit of money but not much. Soon after, Sirius had asked her to live with him which she accepted and moved in. She was happy for some time then everything went to shit.

Amara woke up to the sound of an owl pecking at her bedroom window. She groaned as she got up and went over to the window to let the owl in. It delivered the latest addition of the Daily Prophet and flew off. As soon as she saw the cover story Amara dropped the newspaper and had to sit down to calm herself down. Memories of the past flooded back to her like a dam had broken inside her. She started to hyperventilate. She was trying to even her breathing again, but she just couldn't seem to shake the memory of him from her mind. A silent tear rolled down her eye and after a while she had enough breath to compose herself again and actually read the newspaper. It stated that Sirius Black had escaped from Azkaban and was now on the loose.

Amara immediately felt the need to get Harry out of England as soon as possible but knew that would be a bit too much. As she wanted him to get his 3rd year at Hogwarts done. She instead wrote a letter to Molly about the current situation and how they should handle it. Molly told her to send Harry to Hogwarts because Amara could look after him there.

About a week before school had started Amara informed Harry of the danger that was Sirius Black. He had asked why but she hadn't told him the whole truth. She didn't want the kid to feel the immense pain after all that he had been through already. Now Harry was with the Weasly's and Amara was at Hogwarts. Being a professor there, she needed to arrive a little early this year. Especially because she needed to talk to Dumbledore about Harry's safety and the prospect of Sirius's attack.

12 years ago on that horrible night, Dumbledore had told her that Sirius betrayed their friends, and even with Amara's disbelieving cries, he had told her to let it go, to move on. Even though her heart told her that there was no way in hell Sirius could do such a thing, she had believed the words that were spoken to her by a man that was once her teacher and father figure. However she had to suppress her anger and bitterness down because she was handed little Harry Potter to raise all on her own. Her boyfriend was going to Azkaban and her best friend had also disappeared in shock. She had no one.

She raised Harry on her own as best as she could with some help from different people now and then. She hadn't had any time to think about anything else except keeping Harry safe. After Harry had gone off to his first year and befriended the Weasly's she had also gotten close to them. Molly had helped a lot with parenting and Amara had tried to help out a little financially. However, with her not being the richest person either, she couldn't do much. She didn't like spending any of the money from the Potter vault, as she wanted Harry to have all of it when he grew up and had the capability to use it wisely. So she only took money out of the Potter vault to use on Harry's things. She took money out of her own vault when she needed it. She actually had access to the Black vault as Sirius had given it all to her –as they were living together and basically married– but she didn't even like to think about the Black vault.

It was almost the start of the new school year and the new DADA teacher hadn't shown up yet. She hoped it wasn't going to be a servant of the Dark Lord, or a total imbecile this year. As she wasn't feeling like talking to anyone, Amara hadn't been interacting with any of the other professors, so she didn't really know any current news. The other professors had also given her space as they knew her past, and hadn't wanted to remind her of any past trauma. She stayed up in her classroom/bedroom with a bottle of firewhiskey in her hand. Staring at the fireplace as she took a swig of the bottle every time her heart ached from the fact that her crazy ex was free, and knowing that Harry was in danger.