Ch.9 : Incoming Hardships

Ichi decided after Ni's conversation with him that maybe going to visit Kevin tonight may not be the best Idea, he decides maybe another time. Maybe when Kevin needs to hear the apology, he'll tell him.

It was Christmas Eve and Gracie was sitting in her room with Kevin, Io was outside talking with her sisters. Gracie has decorated her room beautifly and she was sitting on her couch at the foot of the bed, singing a christmas song with the fireplace. Kevin was moving his head along with the rhythm.

With every single day, Kevin seemed to be becoming more and more human than animal. They where singing to Kevin's favorite christmas song, "Last Christmas" by Wham! Gracie could tell Kevin was having a good time, as it seemed like he wanted some time with his little sister.

"Hey, Kevin. I know the big day is a few hours from now, but... I wanted to give you this" said Gracie as she handed a present over to Kevin. Kevin takes the present and slowly opens it, he looked inside and it was a new collar! This new collar was really shiny and not only had Kevin's name, owner and address on it, but it had drawings of him, Gracie and even Io together with a little sentence that said "Family Forever".

Kevin's heart melted when he saw the little drawing and he pulled Gracie in for a hug. The hug lasted for several seconds before Kevin pulled away and took off his old collor, Gracie took the old collar and put the new one around Kevin's neck. The collar was low down Kevin's neck so he could always see the tag. Gracie placed her hand on Kevin's hand as he was holding the tag, he then saw Gracie's hand slightly twitching/shaking.

Kevin soon started to look concerned, Gracie looked at her hand and reassured Kevin that she's fine, it's likely just the cold. Kevin wasn't so sure... but if Gracie says it's okay, it's good enough for him to relax.

Gracie soon went to bed and turned off all the christmas lights, Kevin soon turned off the fire and gave Gracie a goodnight nuzzle before leaving to go hang out with Io. Kevin and Io where sitting in the moonlight, talking about how life has been since they seperated.

Io most certainly had it better then Kevin as her sisters where caring and considerate unlike Ni and Ichi. Io often apologized for leaving Kevin and about how his life was, but Kevin always said she didn't need to since he knew he couldn't bring himself he couldn't break up with her and knew if he refused, he'd get into even more trouble with his brothers.

Io soon asked about Gracie, and Kevin told her about the gift she just gave him. Io looked at the collar and Kevin could tell she loved it too, as it had her on it and the cute little sentence that said "Family Forever".

Kevin soon talked about how he saw Gracie's hand jitter, Io shrugged it off as just her not used to the cold. Kevin hoped it was that, but deep down he knew something was wrong with her. Io reassured him that Gracie is okay and there gonna have a sweet christmas.

The next day, it was christmas morning and Gracie and her whole family where opening their gifts. Luke just got new gaming stuff, new designer clothes, new cool shoes, new rolex and new bedspread. Gracie got new makeup, bedspread, new clothes (names Adidas) and new play items for Kevin.

While she was opening her second present, Gracie out of the blue sudden started coughing. It sounded like a BAD cough too, her parents asked if she was okay and Gracie reassured them that she's okay.

Soon, Gracie and her family went out into cold outside and she had 3 gifts for Callist, Io and Eura. The first one to receive their gift was Callist, he opened it and it was a new necklace that had gemstones on it in the shape of her sisters. Callist smiled and gave Gracie a little nuzzle on the head as a "Thank you".