~ 8 ~

chenle flatter his eyes and slowly opened his eyes.

he looked around and notice that he was not in his apartment but instead he was in the hospital.

he felt someone holding his hand as he looked at that person and widen his eyes when he saw the person that he has been avoiding.

renjun was sleeping beside him, peacefully while holding his hand.

his heart beats so fast and he was panicking.

he tried to remove renjun's hand onto him but the older woke up and rubbed his eye using his free hand, chenle froze.

"chenle-ah your awake."

the older said as he hugged chenle tightly.

chenle was stunned but hugged him back, oh how chenle missed the older's warm hug.

chenle hid his face on the crook of renjun's neck as his tears started to fall from his eyes.

he has been missing the older by his side, missing the time when he hadn't fallen to their friend, jaemin.

he was hurt and pained because of throwing up some petals everytime he sees renjun and jaemin together, it kills him that there are times he wants this to stop.

if only he knows the cure for this type of illness.

he only knew that he has hanahaki disease but he didn't know if there is a cure to it.

his illness were getting worse to the point that everytime he throws up some flower petals he feels that inside of his organs is tearing up because of the stems of the flowers.

renjun heard a sniffle coming from the younger as he looked at him and his heart broke seeing his friend crying.

"hey, stop crying chenle-ah, you will get better once the doctor tells us how to cure your illness okay?"

renjun said as he hushed and comforted the younger, he wipe his tears using his thumbs.

chenle cried even more as he thinks that there is no cure to his illness and he was getting tired of this.

the dolphin laugh of chenle, his cheerful, beautiful smile was gone as it turns into a sad, in pain, and weak body chenle.

chenle's body becomes weak because of the throwing up, he can't even manage to eat too cause it was hard for him to swallow the food as his throat was aching and sore.

he hasn't eaten foods for almost 2 weeks.

his stomach growls and both of them heard it, chenle's cheeks turned red from the embarrassment as for renjun he lets out a chuckle because of how cute chenle is.

"you haven't eaten yet, let me get the food at the table."

renjun said and stood up from his seat and went at the table to grab the food that the trio has bought earlier.

speaking of the 5 of their friends, mark and donghyuck went home to their apartment, jaemin went to the grocery store to buy foods, jeno went home because he still needs to finish his homework, the 4 will come back once chenle woke up and they let renjun stay because he was stubborn and insisted to stay beside the younger.

as for jisung, they haven't heard anything about him after he left the hospital without saying something to them, well except for renjun who kinda fought because of what happened at the elevator.

renjun brought the food and sat down beside chenle, he opened the lid, took the spoon out as he scoop some rice and meat and placed it infront of chenle.

"g-gé no need to f-feed me, i can handle it to m-myself."

he said but he stuttered again, chenle slapped his forehead for stuttering.

renjun giggled and insist on feeding him, chenle gave up and let his gé feed him.

after renjun finished feeding him, he told chenle to move a little and chenle did as what the older told him, once chenle scooted, renjun laid beside him and pulled the younger close to him, hugging him so tight as he was afraid what might happen to the younger.

chenle's heart was beating again and he was praying for the older not to feel or hear his heart beating.

the older played with the younger's hair as he was humming a song which is one of his favorite song that his mother and renjun keeps singing for him.

chenle missed this, he missed renjun being by his side and he was hoping for this to never stop, if this is a dream he wouldn't want to wake up.

even though he knows that the older is dating someone but he was still hoping for the older to notice his feelings, he doesn't want to force the older to return his feelings but he would want renjun to know how much he loves him.

'if only you knew.'