Chapter 7

Davids P. O. V
___________________________________

*Time skip*

I was outside handing out the kites to the kids. They started to set them up and then I had three left to give.
I walked over to Max and handed him the kite.  "Hey Max! Heres today's activity. Flying a kite"

"Pass"
He said rolling his eyes keeping his hands in his pockets.

"Oh come on Max can you a least give it a try?"
I tilted my head a bit to the side.
" Pleasssseee"

"Ugh fine! Just shut up"

I walked away smiling going to Gwen and Y/N. They where talking about something but then said hi when they seen me

" Do you want to fly a kite? I have two left"

" Sounds fun! Thanks"
Y/N grabbed a kite from me then ran off to the kids to where it was more clear.
I turn over to Gwen

"Do you wanna fly a kite to Gwen? It's fun!"

"No, I have some stuff to do. You think you and Y/N can look after the kids while I do my work?"

"Sure can! See you soon Gwen!"

"Bye David"
Gwen walked away to her cabin as I walked to the others. Max was just letting his kite fly in the air. Neil, was looking at the weather and Nikki was just running around with her kite making it fly but follow her. And space kid, well he was tangled up in the string.
"Oh gosh, space kid! Don't move!"

"Okay!"
He stiffening completely. I ran off to go get my scissors. Before I went inside I yelled out
"You can blink and breath Space kid!"
Then went inside looking for the scissors. I looked through my cabin and things then found the scissors.
I grabbed them then walked back to space kid and cut the string off to make him break free. I gave him the extra kite I had and he ran with it.
Hope he doesn't get tangled with that one too. I walked back throwing away the broken kite then putting the scissors away to. I walked back out and everyone was doing fine.

Y/N was sitting in the grass with her kite just flying above her. She had a smile on her face as she amired the sky above her. I walked over to her and sat down next to her.
Shift
"Hey Y/N, see you got your kite in the air! "

"Yeah! It was pretty easy, the wind is just perfect!"

"Yeah it is."
We went in silence again for a while.
Then Y/N broke the silence.
"So why did you pick this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like why did you pick this kite for today's activity?"

"Oh well I thought it was pretty easy and calming. And we have the perfect weather to do it so I thought it be a good idea"

"Makes since, and yeah it was great idea David" she gave me smile and I smiled back. We then looked back up at the kite sitting in comfortable silence.
-----------------------------------------------------
Readers P. O. V
___________________________________
Me and David where sitting in silence.
It wasn't akward silence it was comfortable silence. The wind was nice and the sun was shining. The day was bright and warm. The tree blew softly as the kids had there kites in the air as well. I looked over to David who was still looking up at the kite smiling.
His eyes where shining his hair was being blown in the wind. His smirk was cute. I felt a smile grow on face a little more.
Then looked away, up back at the kite.
My kite was going down a bit so I got up to make it go back up so it doesn't give up and hit the ground, I was struggling a bit so David got up too.
"Need help Y/N?"
He tilted his head.
Shift
"Y-yeah, yeah I do need help."