Chapter 10

Vergil Pov

Vergil: Topaz, tell me what I don't know. Do you know something about Druella?

The child froze a little before nodding shakily.

Vergil: Just take it slow, Topaz.

She nodded and took a deep but shaky breath.

Topaz: Before the raid happened. I saw her. She was talking to the Village Chief about something but I didn't pay much attention.

Vergil: I see. Continue.

Topaz: After I visited a friend, she got out of the town hall with a frown. Soon after, the Village Chief was quick to gather everyone and told us to flee, but. It was too late.

This. This changes things. If I were not to be discovered, I must avoid all possible interactions with the woman. Much is unknown for me, other than the species of Mamono. But the main problem is.

Vergil: this is troublesome.

Meera: May I ask what is it Alpha?

Vergil: I was planning on us staying for a little longer for me to gather information. However, from what I've deducted from our small conversation with Druella. It's either she has a camp somewhere here in the forest, or uses an illusion to hide herself within the city.

Meera: But that is impossible. Order governed cities are warded with anti-monster spells and anti-illusion spells. I've met a Witch once that tried that but was quickly found out.

I clicked my tongue.

Vergil: Then she must be powerful to bypass such spells. Topaz, the next time she comes here. Be subtle of your shaking, and your wariness. We don't know what she is capable of.

She nodded hesitantly.

Vergil: Meera, if she somehow tries to invite you to her camp. Refuse it, I do not care how you do it, just refuse her. And if anything happens, I will know.

Meera: I will alpha.

Vergil: Good, now rest. For tomorrow I will return to Lescatie to find a library. I will return by sundown and keep an eye for any patrolling soldiers.

The two nodded and Topaz inched closer to Meera, who herself placed a hand on Topaz's waist.

Soon enough, they fell asleep. For someone of my reputation, here I am. Keeping two women from harm. It is a blessing that Dante didn't follow me here.

I laid my own sleeping bag and rested over it. If I were to sleep inside, I wouldn't be able to draw Yamato without destroying my possession.

Morning came and I unsurprisingly found myself being smothered by Meera's body. Topaz however, has her tail coiled around my arm, including her own.

I resisted the urge to groan. After I freed myself by using my doppelganger to tickle Topaz's nose that caused her to scratch it and roll over. Meera however, actually let go of me of her own Accord.

Vergil: I need a private room.

I arrived at the walls of Lescatie. I traversed to the left and found the gates, thankfully, the guards are still asleep or rather, half asleep. With barely any wasted movement. I managed to casually walk inside without them knowing.

Vergil: For a city that produces the most heroes, their guards are lazy.

As I walked around, I found myself meeting Sister Fullmoon once more. However, with her is none other than Noscrim herself. Thankfully, Noscrim didn't make any scandalous actions to put me in the spotlight. That glare however, is another story.