Chapter 4

3rd Pov

Vergil eyed the stationary Crusade with a critical eye. He is impressed with how disciplined their ranks are and started to assume formation.

They marched, along with them are two more decorated people, or rather, Heroes. The first was has a body large enough to cast a shadow over Vergil, the other was far smaller. Judging from how the clothes hug the body, Vergil assumed this was a woman.

The male Hero raised an arm, signalling his men to stop. He continued, alongside him is his female counterpart. He took off his helmet that revealed medium blond wavy hair and a chiseled chin.

His companion stopped earlier while he now faced Vergil with an aura that screams "Arrogant prick".

Man: I was expecting more resistance than this. How about you leave and never look back.

His smug aura is thick enough for Vergil to slice it like tofu, and his form screams arrogance like a bully within a preschool.

Vergil: You seem like a very reasonable man. How about you take your own advice and follow it? I hate to see you bleed.

Vergil retorted, still clad in his newly naught dark blue cloak.

The man blinked, and soon followed by a booming laughter, to which his allies followed soon after.

Man: Arrogant are we? Tell me little man? What can a single man do to an army?

The woman suddenly interjected, stopping the man from continuing his arrogant speech.

Woman: I suggest to not delay this any further Roland, the man clearly wants to die so be a man and be on with it. It disgusts me to see people fall to those wretched abominations.

The woman stated, disgust clearly laced in her voice.

The man scratched the back of his head.

Roland: You heard the lady. Well. you heard my name. Can I know the name of the one who I'm about to kill?

Vergil rolled his eyes under his hood.

Vergil: It's Vergil, and you're not the one who's gonna doing the killing.

Roland shrugged off Vergil's threat, to which he pulled out his sword. He then dropped into a stance and was about to charge Vergil when he felt an intense pressure pushing him down.

He wasn't the only one feeling this intense pressure. His soldier became unconscious and fell over one another, while some who are somewhat stronger struggled to stay upright.

The woman herself is on her knees and tried to keep her balance while Roland placed a hand on his knee as he knelt down to somehow alleviate the feeling.

But since he's the closest, his armor started to groan as some parts are bending from this unnatural force.

Vergil: You were saying?

Ronald, busy to reply only grunted a response and when the pressure lifted. His armor already has dents and bents that was caused by the powerful pressure.

He turned around to find his men mostly unconscious as some are too scared to move from their prone position. His heart tightened when he found out who or what caused the pressure. He raised an accusing finger at Vergil who only looked down at his pathetic figure.

Roland: Y-You!

Vergil cut him off.

Vergil: I what exactly? I gave you a warning yet your arrogance got the better of you. Consider yourself lucky as I didn't kill any of your foolish group.

Vergil's Irritation Risesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें