First Year - End of Year Celebrations

Charlie's POV

“James, I swear if you took my chicken leg, I will cut your hand off!” They were celebrating the year at Hogwarts with the end of the year celebration. And Charlie was hungry.

‘You’ve had three.” He started, taking a bite of it. She glared at him while he smiled smugly, eating her chicken leg. The rest of the group laughed at him. 

“Murder is going to happen later.” Charlie told him darkly. 

“Changing the subject. What is everyone doing for summer?” Peter asked, shoving food in his face. He joined the group halfway through the year, he shared a room with the boys and he was a good moral support.

Charlie looked around at the group, seeing if anyone else was going to say anything. Mariah and Sirius just shrugged, not really sure how going home would turn out. 

“I’m going to France for maybe a week!” James told them excitedly. 

“Oo nice. I’ve heard it’s really pretty.” Charlie told him, the chicken leg forgotten, for now. “I think we might be going somewhere but I’m not sure. We should try and hang out though-”

“Yeah, keep in touch over the summer.” Mariah finished for her. Remus spoke up next, 

“Hanging out over the summer would be fun. We can send letters with our owls.” He thought aloud. Everyone nodded in agreement, putting food in their faces and taking a break for a moment from the conversation. After about five minutes, Sirius started a new conversation.

“How many pranks did we pull this year?” He asked, his face was one of concentration as he tried to think.

“Maybe thirty, give or take.” Charlie said moving to the fruit next to Mariah. 

“Yeah, and you only got eight detentions.” 

“I don’t know why you say ‘you’ like you didn’t get caught more than I did.”

“Yeah, well, I only got seven.” 

“I wasn’t talking to you then, was I?” James, Sirius, and Charlie talked over each other as Remus, Mariah, and Peter just listened in amusement. 

“You all had at least ten detentions.” Remus told them, getting everyone’s attention. 

“How many did you three have?” They asked.

“I had three, maybe four.” Peter told them, a slice of cake making its way towards his plate.

“Two.” Mariah and Remus said at the same time. Getting an eye roll from the loudest three of the group. 

The Prefects interrupted the conversation by telling everyone that the celebration had about ten minutes left.

“Wait guys, I have an idea.” Charlie told them thinking. She took a sip of her drink before she told them her idea, “Ok, so you know how we’ve pulled thirty or so pranks, right?” She said, leading up to her idea. 

“We just talked about that, yes.” 

“No need to get smart about it, Sirius. Anyway, what if we come up with the biggest prank ever for our seventh year?” Charlie smirked, but it started turning into a smile when she realized she had the attention of her friend group. “So we play good or mediocre pranks and our last month at Hogwarts is one big prank. The professors would never forget us.” She told them. The first to agree being James and Sirius. She looked towards the nerds of the group, “Well? What do you say? Are you in? We are going to need our party planners?” Charlie asked them, an eyebrow raised.

“Parties and pranks are very different, Charlie.” Mariah started to protest. 

“Don’t rain on my parade. Even so, how long away? I might even forget by the time it gets here. So really, you have a fifty-fifty shot of getting out of it.”

“I’m in.” Remus said, he didn’t seem to need as much persuasion, but he still waited to respond, “but it has to be better than all of our other pranks, and why would our pranks be mediocre?” He questioned Charlie, “All of our pranks so far have been funny, and good. We don’t need to go mediocre so that the last prank we pull is great. It’ll be great on it’s own.” Remus ranted. While Remus was ranting, Mariah and Peter were having a quiet discussion.

“We’re in.” Mariah spoke for Peter and herself. Just as Mariah had finished speaking, the Prefects showed up and started to heard everyone to the common rooms. 

“Let’s go!” Charlie yelled, excited for the years to come. The group did the handshake they made and followed the Prefects back to the common room. Heading to their separate rooms.

“Goodnight boys, see you in the morning” Charlie and Mariah said, heading to their dorms and bed.

Written by: Lo