First Year - And They were Roommates

Charlie's POV

Charlie was listening to her parent's on the phone, she wasn't completely sure that she knew who it was but she had a pretty good guess.

"- were you thinking?" Owen said into the speaker. Just as Charlie got close enough to listen, Sawyer came over asking what she was doing.

"Seriously Saw? I'm eavesdropping, but I can't do that if you start talking!" Charlie whisper-yelled to her brother,

"Sorry, what are we listening to?" He asked her, now curious.

"Be quiet and we'll find out," she snapped, "sorry, I met a girl today, and dad offered for her to stay with us, I think he is talking to her parent's or something because they were talking about meeting somewhere." As she finished telling him, the door opened and the siblings froze.

"Maybe if we move really really slowly he won't see us." Sawyer said to his sister before trying to move slowly, before he moved too much Charlie yelled,

"RUN FOR IT!!!" and the siblings ran for the stairs. Owen chased them, they started laughing once he caught up, after a while Charlie spoke up, still giggling, "So much for making a run for it." As they started getting up, Felicity came in the room,

"Well, someone is bad at eavesdropping." Felicity smiled at her daughter.

"I wouldn't have gotten caught if Sawyer didn't start talking to me!" Charlie defended,

"If you had told me what was going on I wouldn't have started asking questions!" Sawyer said sassily to his sister. As the siblings started arguing with each other, their parents made eye contact and had a silent conversation.

"Tickle fight!" The parents yelled at the same time, the kids froze before running in different directions.

"This doesn't work! Usually there's three kids and one of them gets away!" Charlie yelled as her mom caught her. "Noooo! Run Sawyer! Run! It's too late for me, but you can make it!"

"No I can't," He said in defeat, "he got me."

"That's not good. So, official business. Who were you talking to?" Charlie asks, looking between her mom and dad.

"Well, since our terrible little spy asked so nicely," Felicity stated, "I guess she will just have to wait."

"But mom!" Charlie spoke dramatically. "May you please tell me?" She tried again.

"The girl you met yesterday, Mariah, me and her mom were best friends when you were little. Her mom doesn't approve of her going to Hogwarts, so we are going to let her stay here until school starts and see where it goes from there." Felicity told them, she waited so that what she said would sink in.

"Oh yeah, she seemed nice, but she was really quiet. It was kind of weird." Charlie thought back to the day before when she met the shy girl.

"Well, you do have a strong personality and if she's shy, it would make sense. And the wizarding world is new to her." Charlie moved her head side to side, thinking about what her mom said to her.

"Oh." Charlie thought for a few minutes before she started asking more questions. "Where is she going to stay? And when is she coming over? Because I have to prepare. You didn't hear it from me, but my room is just a little bit messy." she said, putting emphasis on 'little'.

"Charlotte?" Her parents said at the same time, "Weren't you supposed to clean your room before you went to Diagon Alley?" Felicity asked.

"Well, when you say it like that, it rings a few bells. What time is she coming over? Or are you picking her up? If you are picking her up, can I go?" Charlie rattled off questions until she saw the look her mom was giving her.

"We are picking her up in about thirty minutes, and if you want to go, I would start cleaning my room right now. And make a little pallet next to your bed, she's going to be sleeping in the room with you." Charlie listened, and when her dad finished talking, she ran to her room and started picking up her room. Getting the clothes off the floor and smelling them before hanging them in her closet sloppily. Her posters of 'Fleetwood Mac', 'The Beatles', 'Rolling Stones', and 'Led Zeppelin' almost on top of each other to fit on the wall above her head, she looked at them before realizing one of the tacs fell out.

"That's not good." She said to herself, starting to look for it she heard her parents yelling for her from downstairs. "Coming!" she yelled before grabbing shoes and running down the stairs. "Sawyer don't go in my room!" was the last thing Charlie said before running to the car and slamming the front door behind her.

Written by: Lo