Chapter 4

Jay's P.O.V.
        When Makayla and Kevin came back we all just hung out in Kim's room. Trudy visited for a bit. She had brought Kim's bag from the precinct for her, and had even brought Makayla a bear. No one had heard from Hailey, Adam, or Voight all day. It seemed like instead of what I hoped would happen, our team would come together, Kim being kidnapped only solidified them.
        It was now around 7 at night, and Makayla and I were the only ones with Kim right now; everyone had left for the day. Makayla was starting to doze off at Kim's side, and just by looking at them I could tell if they stayed the way they were for any longer both of them would be sore in the morning. Kim had just been staring at Makayla, and I could tell she was thinking the same.
        "Do you want me to take her? That way you both might be able to get better sleep." She immediately snapped out from wherever she went off too, and looked at me.
        "Oh...you don't have to do that Jay. She can stay here. I'm sure you're tired, and Makayla isn't always the best sleeper. Besides you've been here all day I'm sure you want to go see Hailey." That probably wouldn't be best.
        "Uh, I don't really know where we stand right now." Kim looked at me confused. It's understandable because the last thing she knew was that we were good.
        "Why? What happened?"
        "Uh...the night that we found you. While you were in surgery I went to my apartment to change, and Hailey was there. She asked me to marry her. I said no; it didn't feel right." I looked away from her because I did not want to see her disappointment, but instead she just lightly grabbed my hand.
        "I get it. It didn't feel right with Adam either; I should've followed my gut then. You can camp out with Makayla and I for as long as you want if you want?" I don't think she realizes how long that might be. Things aren't the best with Hailey, and I doubt they will be anytime soon. Then there's also the fact that I highly doubt that Kim should be alone with Makayla by herself when she's discharged.
        "Thanks Kim...really, but I was serious about that offer. Makayla's been here all day and more. How about I take her back to your apartment so that she can sleep in her bed, and you can at least have more space to be comfortable." I knew that I was slowly breaking down her stubbornness. It helped that she was obviously exhausted.
        "Alright...my key is in my bag, and you have my address right?" I just nodded and let her ramble some more. It'll make her feel better.
        "And...uh, Makayla might want to watch a movie or something; it depends on how tired she is. Any Disney classic is ok except Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella. Well Cinderella isn't that bad, but definitely the other two. She is really into Hercules right now. Uh...if she seems to have a little burst of energy she might want to put on a show. The theater fort is still up if I remember correctly, and then..."
        "Kim...Kim, we'll be ok; we'll be able to figure it out. Alright? Take a deep breath."
        "Wait...what about her carseat?" Kev and I thought ahead.
        "When Kevin and I went to get lunch we stopped by the precinct, and got the carseat from your car and put it in my truck." Kim finally breathed out. I had her; she was gonna give in, and let me take care of things.
        "Alright...I guess...can you get me my phone from my bag. That way you can call if you need anything, or have any questions." Yeah, not doing that. She'll just end up checking her phone all night, and get no sleep.
        "How about I text Will if there are any questions, and he'll ask you if you are awake. If they are urgent, and I promise I will make sure he does this, he'll wake you up to ask. Alright that way you can relax, and we can use Will as a messenger mule." Thankfully that got Kim to relax a bit so I gently scoop Makayla up, and say goodnight to Kim before making my way to my truck. Makayla only stirred when I opened the truck door because I had to readjust her to free one of my hands.
        "JayJay?" She was looking around at her surroundings; probably trying to find Kim.
        "Hey princess, we're gonna go to your home so you can sleep in your bed, and then tomorrow we're gonna come back to see mama. Maybe we can even bring her a special breakfast." That made her eyes lit up, and Makayla seemed to relax a bit. She let me put her into her carseat, and was quite patient while I was trying to figure out how it worked. What? The last time I used one was when Natalie and Will were still together for Owen. Once I finally won the battle with the seatbelt, which really only happened when Makayla decided to help me. I got into my truck and we started the drive to Kim's apartment.

        "Alright so what do you want to do?" Makayla had woken up some in the car when a song came on that she knew so now she doesn't have her tired eyes. However, when she looked up at me I could see those tired eyes back there.
        "Hercules?"
        "Sure princess, whatever you want?" After I got her situated with Hercules she and I both sat on the couch to watch it. The movie was about halfway through, and I honestly thought that Makayla had fallen asleep on me.
        "JayJay?" I guess she hadn't.
        "Yes princess?"
        "Are you gonna do my hair tomorrow since mama is in the hospital?" Hair? Uhhhh...I've never done someone's hair before.
        "I can try princess." That ended that conversation because she was apparently ok with that answer. I got her in bed, and after I was sure she was asleep I sent a text.

Help: Makayla wants me to do her hair tomorrow. I have no idea how, and I don't want to traumatize the girl anymore then she already is