Adam's Letter

Kim,

I truly do hope that you're ok. I know I should be there with you and Makayla, but I'm not what you two need. I can't be what you two need, especially now. My actions today proved that. I couldn't be what you needed then, and I couldn't be there for Makayla. I don't know if I will ever be able to be that person. You and I both know that I've never been good with commitment, but I thought I could do this, with Makayla. I wanted to try, but today I realized something.

We were never going to work. Romantically or with me being Makayla's guardian. Today showed that. Our job will always be a part of our personal lives. When things get tough I go back to what I know, and you do the same. The problem is that what we know is completely opposite. Jay reminded me today about that today. I acted in a way that went everything you try to be. You and Makayla deserve better, especially Makayla. You two deserve something that I can't give you. You both deserve to have someone who can give you a home, and can keep you safe and happy.

I asked for an undercover op. I just need some time for myself, and to try and figure out who I am. Along with what type of life I want. I'm also giving up guardianship of Makayla. I can't handle that amount of commitment. I thought that I could, but I can't. I can't be you, Kim. I know that you need a guardian for the adoption to go through; ask Jay or Kevin. They'll be better for Makayla, and you.

Also keep an eye on Hailey and Voight. They've both been crossing the line, and Hailey is sticking by Voight. They are gonna get in trouble for it. That's another reason why I am leaving. I need to learn what cop I want to be.

- Adam