↳ 『 CHAPTER ONE 』

CHAPTER ONE: MEMORIES↳ "some memories never leave your bones,like salt in the sea; they become part of you

↳ "some memories never leave your bones,
like salt in the sea; they become part of you.
- and you carry them."

____________________________________

« JUNE WITHERS »

"Inmate #3488, GET UP! Time to go."

Closing my book, I rose up from my uncomfortable "bed". If you can call a crappy mat a bed. The guard rolled his eyes and grabbed my by my neck, lifting me to his face. I could smell the gross coffee breath through my muzzle. "You're getting out of this shit hole, inmate. Be grateful they let you get 5 years and not for life." He let go of my neck and pushed me out of the cell. I could hear other inmates yell and scream at me as we made our way through the cells to the front.

"LET ME OUT TOO!"

"WHY DOES THAT CRAZY BITCH GET OUT BEFORE ME!"

"PILL POPPING JUNKIE!"

I rolled my eyes and clenched my jaw. If only my muzzle was off.

The guard snickered behind me and began whistling. We made it into the front, and went inside a little room where they hold people for information. Inside I saw Ms. Lancaster, a dude that looked like a hobo, my fucking lawyer, and two other guards. The guard pushed me into the seat and unbuckled my muzzle but made no problem to hit me by "accident". Accident my ass.

I growled at him, eyeing him as he left. I turned to the three people in front of me and gave them a cheshire grin. "What about my straitjacket?"

Ms. Lancaster smiled at me softly. "Not yet, June. We have to go over the same conditions we talked about and then take off your straitjacket."

"Why is that, Emily?" I groaned and laid back. She always hated when I used her first name, but I don't do last names here.

"Your shadows are troublemakers, and if we let you out that straitjacket now and release them inside this prison, they may cause havoc," she put down her binder and clasped her hands together.

"You know Jack and Sally have names," I mumbled. I felt my shadows shake and turn underneath my straitjacket, and a loud hiss was heard. Obviously Jack and Sally didn't like her comment.

"Yes, but they've been trapped for 5 years. We'll let you take off the straitjacket once you are away from prison grounds. It's just the procedure," she put on her glasses and turned towards the hobo looking guy. "This is Shota Aizawa, he will be your guardian until you turn 22. You will be going to U.A college to train and be better than what you are here in America. It's a chance to start over, nobody will know who you are. What your past is."