↳ 『 EPIGRAPH 』

« JUNE WITHERS, INMATE #3488 »_________________________________

_________________________________

RECOVERY
↳ "𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘵,
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥."
_____________________________________

"Hello, June."

I opened my pitch black irises and stared the blonde haired woman I call my therapist. I made no expression as she sat down in the chair in front of me, opening her binder full of papers. We stared at each other for a second before she sighed.

"You're getting out soon."

I nodded and clenched my jaw, it being sore from the muzzle they put on me. Her blue eyes stared in mine full of sympathy. She sighed and clicked her pen, jotting down something. I watched as she nodded toward the guards who were here as if I'd hurt her. I wouldn't.

It's not night.

"Take off her muzzle but leave the straitjacket on," she demanded. The guards nodded and approached me slowly and unbuckled the horrid muzzle they placed on my mouth for their safety. After they were done, they placed the muzzle next to the woman in front of me and went back to their original spot. "Now," she softly smiled at me. "I trust you enough to know you won't use your quirk on me. You have 2 weeks 'til you're out of this wretched place. You've been here since you were 15, are you excited?"

"Sure," my voice was gravely and hoarse from not using it as much.

"June," she heaved softly. "We have some conditions that you need to meet when we let you out."

"And that'll be?"

"Every month we will have someone check up on you, and you need to do a drug test every month. This is you starting over, in a new country. Nobody will know of your infamous past."

I let out a empty hearted chuckle. I leaned in closer to her with a sarcastic cheshire grin on my face, my hands in my straitjacket hitting the table. "Am I stable enough to be let out? The world may never fucking know."

The guards cautiously came closer and gave my therapist a warning look. "One step closer and your muzzle gets put back on, inmate #3488," one of them hissed behind me. She paid no attention to me and waved them off with her hand. She trusts me. She always has, even when I first came in here.

"Back off , Harold," she pointed her perfectly manicured finger at him. "Her name is June, and I will not tolerate such hostility towards my patient. Both of you, out! I will be just fine. You guys have cameras here if anything goes awry, give us space."