Chapter 1: Diamonds

Jon stood on the rooftop staring down at Damian who had her cold body pressed into his, he knew Damian couldn't help but think that it should have been him. He was the one who kept pressuring her into seeing him not even knowing the own risk he was putting on his head. She had done this for him and that thought would stay with him. It makes a person wonder how something like this happened in the first place.

Damian had moved from America to Paris to get away from his father and responsibilities of the world and owning a company but he didn't expect people to be so crude here. A woman on the street tilted her head at him.

"Any spare change?" she asked crooked teeth smiling at him and he blinked not understanding the woman entirely.

"Excuse me?" he asked wanting her to repeat but instead she started chasing him with a cane and he went into the nearest store where a black-haired boy was exiting bumping into him.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" the boy yelled before turning around to see the woman after him. "On the run aren't we?" he asked then smiling tune taking a 180. "She's been loitering outside for months, let's get rid of her now shall we?" he asked and Damian looked confused. The boy reached for his pocket and the woman quickly turned around starting to run in the other direction. Damian just stared at the boy who turned back looking over his shoulder head lolling to the side bangs brushed against his forehead stuck with sweat. "You must be the customer Mari needs to see, go on you're late," he said pushing Damian into the store. "I'm Jon by the way," Jon added smirking walking down the street hands tucked into his pockets.

"Weird kid, what did he mean by appointment?" Damian asked himself walking in seeing a blonde and brunette talking. "Excuse me, I think I have a meeting with a Mar..." the brunette cut him off.

"Ugh, of course, it's with her, aren't you in the mood for something else perhaps someone worth your money," the brunette said and the blonde woman pushed her aside.

"Oh, we've been expecting you Miss. Marinette is back here getting ready please do come in, don't mind Lila at all darling," the older woman said dragging Damian with her before closing the door and a girl with blueish hair and bluebell eyes turned around a short pink dress fluttering around her waist as she twisted.

"It's you," the girl said smiling white teeth shining through petal lips that approached closer.

"Yeah, me, see I don't actually..." a finger placed itself over his lips.

"I'm just happy to know I'll be in such handsome hands of someone who can take care of me, Audrey said you were sweet but I didn't think you'd be so shy," she said lips closing back around her teeth smile lost and her expression contorted to confusion.

Damian couldn't tell why but he wanted that smile back, he wanted her to be happy no matter what the cost. He never believed in true love or any of that sap sob story but this girl in front of him, he felt love for the first time and he never wanted to go back.

"You see, um Miss..." Damian trailed off and the girl's eyes narrowed.

"Marinette," she offered unamused.

"Marinette of course, I don't think I was actually supposed to meet you, you see this boy pulled me into the store saying I was the one they had been waiting for because of my clothes but you see I just got here and..." Marinette turned biting her lip, if this wasn't the man she was supposed to meet then that means the real man would be in her room at any moment.

"You have to leave, you have to leave or else he'll," Marinette started but then her door was opened again and a blond man stood before her and she smiled falling into his arms. "Oh you, you must be him!" Marinette cried with joy but she turned to Damian behind her and saw the blond's forest eyes glare into emerald bothered and in that moment she couldn't tell which shade she preferred but she had to do something.

"Yes me, now who is he?" the blond asked and Damian straightened his tie.

"I'm..." Marinette jumped out in front of him shutting him up she knew how powerful this man was but Damian did not, she would have to save him.

"He's my model, nothing funny going on in here at all I can assure you," she said batting her eyelashes at him and the blond's face softened from one to anger to mild annoyance.

"Why is he here during the time we should be meeting?" Marinette quickly flipped out a tape measure and procured a pencil from the back of her dress kicking Damian's leg tripping him onto her podium.

"Well you see I was trying to measure him but he was being quite difficult as some men in this business can be but I've heard you are quite the professional aren't you?" Marinette said voice turning sweet as honey and a seductive look appeared in her eyes that neither man expected.

"Yes, I um apologise I had no idea that you were going to be coming in today," Damian said smiling nervously toward the other man.

"Adrien Agreste," the blond said, sticking out his hand.

"Damian Wayne," Damian said taking it before shaking gently. Marinette stared between the two, one protective to the point of no freedom the other a free spirit. One she wanted to get her out of this place and help Audrey the other had no right to walk into her life and mess things up so royally by being so, how could she put it, charming.

"Well, with the show coming up so soon I'm sure you'd like for the pieces to be done so I'll just finish up here and we can be meeting later then perhaps Adrien," Marinette said and Adrien smiled at her before kissing her hand.

"Until then my darling Marinette," Adrien said before leaving the room and Marinette closed the door sinking to the ground.

"You have no idea what I've just done, let me measure you and you will be back here tomorrow or else I will personally hunt you down and drag you back here myself got it!" Marinette said snipping at him with scissors.

"If you don't mind me asking, why him?" Damian asked and Marinette's face fell from one of rage to exhaustion.

"Audrey sold me to him in order to make money for the store, she'll have Lila to work for her but Adrien saw me as a profit to his company and his life so in a weeks time we'll be married, I must get to know him even though if I'm being 100% honest I'd much rather get to know you," Marinette said looking up at Damian cold hand running down his face pale skin touching tan.

"And I would gladly do the same, I've never felt something like this before, this feeling isn't going to be easy for either of us, just run away with me," Damian said and Marinette looked at him like he was crazy.

"Are you kidding me? We've only just met and as much as I want to believe in love, I can't, I'm just a designer Damian and Adrien is one of the most powerful men in the country, he'll track us down and you could end up hurt, I'm the one he's after so let's keep it like that," Marinette said starting to measure the almost stranger on her stand.

"You know didn't believe in love either once," Damian said and Marinette smirked slightly writing down numbers knowing where this was going.

"Let me guess the moment you locked eyes with me you knew I was the one you needed to be with forever and ever, it's a cliche, the world has had enough of silly love stories, this is real life Damian," Marinette said and Damian started to walk out the door.

"Don't think I won't fight for you," Damian said closing the door, Marinette sunk to the floor grabbing a tissue coughing into it, specks of blood left behind.

"That's what I'm scared of," Marinette said opening the door and walking out arms linked with Jon who had come back to pick her up and she told him everything that had happened that day waiting for the rest of the story to unfold.

"You'll have your day Marinette we all do," Jon said opening the door to their apartment.

"One day I'll fly away Jon, I'll leave all of this to yesterday," Marinette said smiling at him gently before lying back in bed, blue eyes closing, the girl sleeping soundly.

"I know you will," Jon replied before writing down the events of Marinette's day in sloppy scrawl trying to remember every single last detail. Perhaps one day it would make a good story, he thought to himself resting his head on his desk smiling at the paper before sighing blowing the paper off the desk. Every good story needs an ending.