Introduction

Words whipped through his head like a distinct melody as he stood up from the back of the room. Cold words, words of sorrow, jealousy will drive you mad, why does my heart cry, I'll fly away, screams of anguish, I will need you... no love you until my dying day. His hands ran through his hair as he walked to the front pulling slightly to get a grip on reality. He could do this, he could do this, he could... he pulled up a stool in front of nearly a thousand teens and young adults who were curious as to what this young man could tell them about storytelling.

A story will drive you mad, he will kill her, he killed her, he... did nothing wrong. He couldn't keep this in anymore. He turned around and opened his eyes startled blue staring into the blobs of people. You're free to leave me but just don't deceive me. He held his head before dropping his arms to his sides and took a deep breath. The boy shook out his arms, ran a hand through his hair, and sat down.

"I am about to tell you a story, a story of truth, beauty, freedom, and love." Some boys sighed in the back. "This story is about a girl who falls for a man, yes but it's more than that," the boy promised and the restless crowd grew even more impatient. "Her story had to be told somehow no matter how horrible the cost, so here it is the story of how his beloved was killed by not only an illness but the one who loved her. This is not my story so don't get it twisted." The boy took a deep breath and transported the crowd to early 2000's Paris, France describing smells and sounds to be heard but two suffered that night a fate worse than death.

"The story is simple, yes, a blue-haired girl met a black-haired boy and they instantly fell in love but we start somewhere else, we'll get there eventually," the boy's smile shocked them all. "Are you ready?" he asked and the squeaking of chairs and movement of bodies was all he needed to finally start his tale of the Blue Beauty.