2. Opportunity

She woke up sweating, gasping for air & screaming. A pair of hands shooked her, trying to wake her up, she started wailing tears flowing out of her eyes. She opened her eyes seeing her maid Natsu, her father & her uncle Hizashi.

After seeing her father it bought painful memories of his father being hit by a bijū bomb along side other shinobis. She saw her father in good & perfect condition, she couldn't believe it. She latched on to her father's side bawling her eyes out.

"Tou-san, you have no idea how happy I am seeing you I'm sorry I couldn't protect you or hanabi from the wrath of madara, I'm sorry tou-san please forgive me, Please tou-san." Hinata said while crying into his father's arms who was shocked at the mention of madara by her 4 year old daughter but decided to dismiss it as 'bad dream'.

"You had a bad dream?" He sighs & hinata nods after a few seconds while she realises that she was in her 4 year old self, while her tiny arms were clutching her father's kimono as her life was depended on it.

At first she thought it was genjutsu, she was convinced it was a genjutsu but the details were too precise of everything for it to be a genjutsu, she remembers everything from pain's attack to madara defeating the alliance shinobi.

She clinged on to her father refusing to leave his side for hours even after everyone tried everything they could. From threatening her to consoling her, she finally grew tired & fell asleep & they laid her in her bed. When she woke up she saw it was dark outside, she freshen up & changed her outfit.

She sneaked out of the Hyuga compound, it was too easy to jump from her window & climb off the wall. She reached the training grounds, she realised that if by any chance her being back in the past is true then this was her chance. She saw another opportunity & she took it.

She decided to analyse her knowledge & ninja skills from the past, she came to knew her muscles were a little dense than before, her chakra capacity which was around genin level but she knew with proper infusation & mediation she'll reach her high jounin level in no time. She realised her chakra network was a bit rusty but over all, her byakugan good but with less radar, her taijutsu needed practice & her other clan jutsus too needed practice, her mystical healing palm technique was good but required more chakra.

She realised she needed practice for atleast a month to get somewhat closer to her previous strength back. She trained by herself for a bit & returned home.

Hiashi just got up freshed & bathed when he saw her 4 year old daughter cleaned bathed too with crisp yukata on & a breakfast tray in her hands. She insisted on having breakfast with her which she prepared with the help of clan chef.

"Tou-san, do you have any books on chakra control?" Hinata asked.

Hiashi was amused to see her 4 year old asking for advance knowledged books.
"Yes I do have but what'll you do of them?" Hiashi questioned.

"I wanted to study them." Hiashi still unsure of her intention behind, he gave her 2 books on chakra control for beginners. While sipping his tea he saw her daughter flipping through & reading like a madman. Soon she closed the 2nd book which made Hiashi think that she was just flipping the book for fun.

"I'm done with these, they are for beginners. Do you have any advance ones?" Hinata asked confidentially with stuttering or anything.

"You're already done with these? You sure?" Hinata nodded & gave him a pointy challenging look. Hiashi understood the look & decided to ask her questions based on the books just to receive an elaborated brief correct answer to each of them. Hiashi was shocked & was proud, he decided to give her the books she wanted & a few others related to shinobi anatomy.

She was happy & excited to bury herself in knowledge. She thanked & hug her father to which the man was surprised but still maintained a stoic face.

After a few hours she decided to take a break & go out to the playground, her bodyguard Kō accompanying her. As they reached the playground they saw a small hurdle around the sand area, she saw Naruto on the verge of tears while the villagers were glaring & throwing insults at him. She got angered by seeing this, she quickly ran over to his side & stood in front of him, activating her byakugan & glaring at the villagers who were bullying Naruto.

She gave them a scary & confident look which radiated her heiress energy forcing everyone to cower before the heiress knowing better not to anger the heiress.

"Go away! & Don't you dare bother him ever again." She yelled they all scattered apart.

Naruto was shocked to see someone defending for him instead of throwing insults or beating him up. He was about to run away when Hinata hugged him with her tiny arms around his body, after few seconds they broke the hug.

"I'm Hinata Hyuga, will you be my friend?" Hinata asked softly.

"What? Friend?! You're lying aren't you ? You just want me to believe you're my friend then even you'll see me as demon brat like everyone!" Hinata shooked her head her bangs jiggling around her round face. She shoved her hand in her pocket Naruto expected it to be a stone to throw at him he suddenly hid himself behind his arms trying to dodge it but he saw chocolates in her palm. She offered him the chocolates.

"Why are you giving me chocolates? Chocolates are suppose to be given to people who are your friends or nice people." Hinata nodded.

"I know I'm offering you chocolate as a sign of a friendship for you to be my friend. You're a nice person & I will never hurt you or your feelings, you're not a demon brat you're Naruto Uzumaki. Will you accept this & be my friend?" Hinata's bowed at the end.

"Really? You wanna be my friend? I don't know what friends do but you're my first friend I hope we can be friends forever." He gave her a big smile.

Kō was astonish to see Hyuga heiress accomodating herself with kyubi's container & that her byakugan activated. Mostly the children activates there byakugan from 6-9 years & she was just 4.

They sat on the swings while eating chocolates, they introduced themselves & were now friends.