Chapter 8: Karloos my dearest child

I woke up the next day my eyes fluttering open then immediately shutting due to the strong light, I open them adjusting to the light. I looked over to my side and saw Karl sleeping, his messy, fluffy brown hair hiding a bit of face. He was snuggled up with blankets holding me tight with my back on his chest. I grabbed my phone and earbuds from the corner of the couch trying not to move a lot so Karl doesn't wake up. I eventually got them and put the earbuds in my ear and scrolled through TikTok. After a while, Quackity woke up his beanie covering his eyes.

''Morning,'' he yawned. 

''Good morning!'' I said softly smiling.

I looked over at him seeing a light blush on his face as he looked at Ava who was leaning her head on his chest. I looked at the time on my phone, 10:32, the clock read. I got up gently and got Karl in a position where his head was on a pillow and his body on the couch. I walked over to the kitchen to start cooking breakfast Quackity was on his phone scrolling through what I guessed, Instagram. 

''Want anything specific for breakfast?'' I asked him.

''Hmm...,'' he thought for a bit, ''nope cook anything just make me food.''

Like us, Karl's house had a Great Room, a kitchen connected with a living room. I decided on making Pancakes. I got the mix, a measuring thing for liquids (I am not a kitchen person-), a bowl and the electric mixer after rummaging through all the cabinets. I got two eggs from the fridge and a milk carton. I poured the mix, cracked the two eggs, opened the milk carton, and measured exactly 1 ½ cup of milk. I was making fluffy pancakes, so I used a website to be sure I don't mess things up. I got a pancake pan and a flipping spatula. (again I have no idea what the name of the kitchen apparatus are-) I set the pan on the stove and turned it on, poured some pancake mix and waited for each one to finish flipping them after every minute.

I finished making breakfast after a while, Ava was now awake talking with Quackity while that sleepyhead was still asleep, Karl. 

''Breakfast is done!'' I announced after setting four pancakes on each plate and having one plate in the middle for whoever wanted more.

I walked over to the couch to wake up Karl, he looked so peaceful.

''Karl~,'' I whispered softly, ''wake up~''

''Nooo, I need my beauty sleep!'' He groaned.

''Pancakes for breakfast!''

Karl jolted up faster than lightning could strike the Earth's surface, I laughed at the sudden act and he crossed his arms.

''There are Pancakes for breakfast, don't worry,'' I smiled.

''Yay!~'' He spoke in a childish tone.

Everyone walked over to the kitchen counter and sat down to eat.

''Thank you mother,'' they all said giggling.

''Your welcome, my dear children,'' I said joining in the giggling.

''I am the dearest of all!'' Karl spoke.

''No!'' Ava said.

''None of you are, I AM!'' Quackity announced.

''Karloos my dearest child, give mother a hug to show you're the dearest!'' I said trying to hold in the chaotic laughter trying to escape me.

Ava and Quackity let out a sarcastic gasp as Karl spoke up.

''Glady,'' he replied smiling.

Karl was the type of person who liked the waist hug. So when he came over to hug me, a waist hug was very expected, yet, I was surprised that he hugged me like that, I was honestly just expecting a friend hug.