Chapter 5

Outfit^

________________________________

I woke up from the loud chirping from the birds, and the stupid dog. I stretched my arms above my head and rolled out of bed.

I walked down stairs and said Hi to Bean and Rita and walked into the kitchen and almost gagged at the sight of the food. I looked over to Alex to see him giving me a look that told me he had the same reaction.

"Oh, Riley honey, would you like some?" Gloria asked while gesturing to the food.

"No thanks." I replied with a polite smile. "Can I just get some coffee?"

"Of course!" She said while handing me a mug filled that was steaming hot.

"Thank you."

"How we doing, something stinks in here." I sit down on the bar stool that Alex had been standing by and gave him a a warm smile to which he returned.

"Gloria and I are making breakfast for everybody." Rob smiled at dad. "Using a dehydrator, which never cooks anything above 115 degrees."

"Those are pancakes?" Dad asks in pointing at the gray pancakes.

"They're ocean pancakes."

"They're gray. They look like you cut them off an elephants legs. I'm not eating that."

"It's good for you." Rob argued.

"What is this? A scab?"

"'What is this?' Its dehydrated banana." Rob mocked dad likes dehydrated banana was the most normal thing in the world.

"What happened to a normal banana? You peel the banana and eat it." Dad kept going.

"The kids'll love it. It's fun man and it doesn't go bad all day."

"Oh, I see what you do with it." Then Dad hit Rob in the face with the dehydrated banana. I let out a laugh but then quickly covered my mouth with my hand.  "Oh no maybe you're right, this is good. Is that what it's meant for?"

"Yeah you could do that." Rob replied with an annoyed expression. I sat back watching them and then took a sip of my coffee, i immediately spat it back in the mug. I looked over at Alex,

"What is this?" I said as I pushed the mug away from me.

"I know, it's gross. I just didn't have the guts to tell gloria that, and I didn't want Rob to go all psycho on me." I smiled at me and continued to listen to my Dad and Rob talk.

"I'm just kidding around." Dad laughs

"You think you're rich and then you can just slap people around with—" Rob was cut off by my dad, yet again, slapping him with the banana

"I don't think that. Don't say that. Come on" Then my mom came walking down stairs, looking ready for Milan. I felt bad for her and I was happy that she's been so successful but i don't wanna leave the lake house.

"Morning. Honey how is the birdy?"

"Oh-lah-lah" Deanna commented.

"Where'd you get those shoes?! Those are Christian Louboutin shoes!" Sally gasped.

"I know, I know i'm overdressed but sorry i packed for Milan not the lake." She said while looking at Dad. Rob then passed a coffee her way. "Made from acorns" He smiled.

"So, uh, dude, I'm not eating any of this. You got any normal food? Cereal?" That's when Rita jumped up and started asking if he wanted her to make him a egg-white frittata. Dad played it off but asking if that was part of what she was learning in science and shooed her off to go "study". I don't get why he doesn't just tell them she's the nanny, i think it's quite obvious by now.

"You know, honey I think you're overwhelming Lenny. Here, i got — I got a present for you." Gloria then pulls out a bag of bacon, and i swear to god if he doesn't share that with me he will be missing an eye by tomorrow. There's not way i'm eating this no flavored food.

"Dad you have to share that with me" I quite literally demanded.

"Yes, of course honey." He rolls him eyes but stills laughs, he goes to put it in the microwave but Rob stops him and looks at him like he's crazy.

"Hey what are you doing?"

"I'm cooking the bacon" Dad says.

"Not in here. That's dead animal flesh it's not going near the vegan food. Murderer." I look over to Mom to see her spitting out the pancakes. I giggle at her and she smiles at me and gently pushes my shoulder.

"Fine. Then what do i do with it, oh i know" and then Dad hits him in the face with the bacon. I again cover my mouth to make sure a laugh didn't come out. I look over to my side to see if Alex is still there, but he isn't. I stand up to go look for him. I literally checked the whole house and didn't find him. Who i did find was Kethie, looking at the water.

"Hey, what's up?" I say while ruffling his hair.

"Nothing, you?"

"Same." We stood there for a few minutes before he spoke up again.

"How do you skip a rock?" I was pretty shocked when that came out of his mouth. I looked at him for a few seconds before dragging him to the water.

"Okay so try to find a flat rock, okay?" He nodded along and started searching for a flat rock. Once he found one he held it up with a smile.

"So now,—" i adjust his hand around the rock so he's holding it right. "— bend your knees a bit, and then throw it, but make sure you throw it at an angle, if not it will just sink. Got it?" He nodded and swung his arm a bit before he threw it. It skipped 3 times.

"Omg! Keith you did so good!" I shouted while picking him up and spun around, he laughed with me and for the next 20 minutes we kept skipping rocks and talking.

____________________________________

OMG IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING, IVE JUST BEEN FOCUSING ON SCHOOL RIGHT NOW BUT SINCE ITS ALMOST THE SUMMER I WILL BE UPDATING MORE!!!!!