Chapter 1

Riley's POV

"Greg, Keithie, why is the tv so loud?" I hollered, trying to get my younger brothers attention. Instead they completely ignored me.

"Ridiculous." I scoffed, leaning back into the couch in defeat.

"I am the biggest agent in Hollywood and you just pissed me off! And now i'll pull Brad Pitt from your movie." Dad yelled into the phone while walking into the living room. I moved my attention from the tv towards my dad and immediately realized he had a bored game in his hand, to be specific, he had shoots and ladders. Me and him used to play it all the time when I was younger, wrapped in tons of blankets with mugs of hot coco clutched in between our hands. I smiled at the thought.

"I'll pull Julia Roberts from your movie! I don't care sandy." He continued to yell into the phone while making his way around the couch, assuming he was heading to the chair diagonal from me, I quickly grabbed my sweatshirt that had hung lazily on the arm of the chair. Turning towards me he gave me a quick smile before he started yelling into his phone, once again.

"That's right, you better back down. Thank you! Have a good 4th of July, alright, love you too." He hung up the phone. Turning his attention towards me and my brothers. I could tell the board game was an attempt to get the boys off the video game and look around the world for once so I sat back to watch what was going to to happen.

"What's up boys, and daughter" He said, attention shifting to me for a spilt second before it once again, rested onto the boys. "Hey Greggie, Kethie, you guys ever hear of a game called shoots and ladders?" Tapping onto the box, hearing no response I decided to help him out.

"Me and dad used to play that game all the time." To which his face lit up and smiled at me. "I always beat him though." I said with a smug grin on my face.

"I let you win." He responded with a playful eyeroll. I gasped and mocked hurt, holding a hand up to my heart and letting my head fall back. Dad chuckled for a bit but then moved his attention back to the boys.

"Anyways, pretty awesome game, I used to play it when I was a kid. Okay, what it is they give you a spinner, you spin, if you land on a ladder, you get to climb up the ladder." Dad started to explain, holding the board up so the boys could see it, moving his fingers up the ladder. "If you land on a shoot, you gotta slide down the shoot and start all over again."

"Yeah and what happens, the winner gets a training bra?" Greg retorted, not taking his eyes off the screen. I rolled my eyes, wondering how I was the only normal kid in this family, maybe beside Becky.

"Yeah, dad, that game sounds like it sucks." Kethie agreed, at least turning his head towards dad to tell him that.

"No, i'm telling you, this was like the greatest game, me and my buddy's would play it on a winter day, we'd go down in the basement, drink hot chocolate—" He started explaining until Kethie cut him off.

"I wouldn't mind a hot chocolate right now." I scoffed about to say something. "Hey Rita! Rita!" He started shouting.

"Dude you gotta text her, she's doing laundry." Greg said.

"Or you could just go get her, or even better, do it yourself." I suggested, Kethie made a face then stuck his tongue out at me, then continued to text the nanny.

"Hey dad, we went to spelbergs house yesterday, they have a 150 inch TV. Can we get one of those?" Greg asked, once again not taking his eyes of the tv.

"You know what, when you direct ET i'll get you on of those." Dad responded.

"What is the object here? I don't get it, you're in a cruise ship, an yeah chop peoples heads off with a chain saw." Dad asked gesturing to the tv.